twenty nine

29|I LOVE YOU

Their weapons were raised as the boat finally left the tunnel, all enemies dead from the IG droids explosion. They looked up, hearing an engine roar above their heads and spotted Moff Gideons ship.

"Moff Gideon!" Asra sheltered the child as the other three shot at the ship which in return fired at them, missing just.

"He missed!" Greef said with shock, still prepared for when Moff turns his ship around.

"He won't next time." Mando warned the man.

"Our blasters are useless against him." Cara growled, keeping her blaster raised as they heard the engine grow closer.

"Let's make the baby do the magic hand thing. Come on, baby! Do the magic hand thing." Asra gave the man a deadpan look, her eyebrows almost touching her hair line as before she rolled her eyes at him. The child cooed and waved at Greef, thinking that's what the man was doing with his hand. "I'm out of ideas."

"I'm not." The Mandalorian said, putting away his blaster.

"Here he comes!" The shock trooper warned them all as the Imperial soldier came closer. Mando placed the jet pack on his back and warmed it up as he waited for Moff Gideon to coke closer.

"Don't die or I'll resurrect you and murder you myself in the most painful way you can imagine." Asra warned him before he flew up in the air, over the ship and attaching himself to it. ""The magic hand thing"."

"It worked before." Greef defended himself as the healer folded her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow at the man. "It was all I could think of."

The three of them could only watch as the Mandalorian was flailing around on top of the ship, trying to attach a small bomb. Suddenly, he flew off before the Moff Gideons ship exploded and landed in the distance. They ran from the boat and watched as the Mandalorian barely managed to land.

"That was impressive, Mando. Very impressive." Greef complimented the bounty hunter as they approached him. "It looks like your Guild rates have just gone up."

"Any more stormtroopers?" Mando asked, ignoring the older mans comment.

"I think we cleaned up the town." Cara informed him, passing the child back Asra who had regained her energy. "I'm thinking of staying around just to be sure."

"You're staying here?"

"Well, why not?" Greef added, defending the womans decision cheerfully. "Nevarro is a very fine planet. And now that the scum and villainy have been washed away, it's very respectable again."

"As a bounty hunter hive?" The Mandalorian sassed.

"Some of my favourite people are bounty hunters." The man stated, patting Mandos shoulder. "And perhaps, this specimen of soldier might consider joining our ranks."

"Yeah. I've got some clerical concerns regarding my chain code." Cara reminded them. Asra felt the child start squirming and placed it on the ground, watching as it stumbled over to the Mandalorian.

"And if you agree to become my enforcer, clerical concerns would be the least of your worries." Greef continued to try and persuade the woman. "But you, my friend, you will always be welcome back into the Guild with open arms. So, go off, enjoy yourself. And when you're ready to return, you will have the pick of all quarries."

"I'm afraid I have more pressing matter at hand." Mando replied as he picked up the child, staring into its innocent eyes.

"Take care of this little one." Cara grabbed the childs ear gently, saying her good bye.

"Or maybe, it'll take care of you." Greef added, stroking its ear for farewell.

"I'm going to miss you." Asra quickly embraced the shock trooper, smiling when she felt the woman hug back.

"Take care of yourself, your majesty." She teased, patting the healers head before watching her leave. Asra wrapped her arms around Mandos neck as he flew away from the pair, the child waving goodbye.

"Close your eyes and promise me you won't open them till I say so." Mando said to her as they neared the Razor Crest.

"I promise." Asra closed her eyes and felt the ground beneath her feet as they landed. Mando passed the child to her and she listened to him as he set up a burial for Kuiil.

"Open them." He said, placing the last rock on the Ugnaughts burial. She slowly walked over to the Mandalorian, passing the child to him as she knelt beside the grave.

"Can I have a moment alone?" Mando nodded and walked away back to the ship as the healer crumbled to her knees. "I'm so sorry, father. I'm going to miss you so much. Thank you for taking me in, raising me and reminding me of where I originally came from." Asra pulled out the necklace from around her neck and looked down at it. "You always told me that I can still be the Queen that Manara always needed and I promise that I will do it. I love you."

She stroked his helmet lovingly before standing up and wandering back to the Razor Crest, Mando quickly leaving the planet.

"What have you got there?" Mando asked the child as he saw it sucking on something. He took his necklace out of its mouth and stared at the small trinket. "I didn't think I'd see this again. Why don't you hang on to that?"

"Let's go find this childs family." The healer smiled widely, watching as the child went back to sucking on the metal.

"Let's." The pair remained silent after that, both listening to the familiar hum of the ship.

"So, Din Djarin, I was wondering if after all this is over whether or not we should settle down somewhere." Asra hummed her thoughts as she sat in her usual chair, the child fast asleep beside her. "I heard Manara is lovely and vacant. They also have this very gorgeous Queen that is dieing to sit on her throne, get married, have a few children."

"I'll think about it." Mando grinned to himself when he heard her huff in annoyance.

"Oh, come on!" She whined, crossing her arms and pursuing her lips. "Don't you think it's unfair that I have no idea what the man I am having sex with."

"Maybe." He continued to whine her up, chuckling to himself as she sat on his lap and gave him begging eyes.

"Pretty, pretty, please." The healer begged, slipping her fingers under the helmet and stroking his warm cheek.

"Fine." The Mandalorian caved in, sighing as he felt her skin press against his.

"Thank you! I love you." Asra hugged him close with joy before stilling when she realised what she had said. "Wait, I, um, no-"

"I love you too." Mando replied, cutting off her rambling and wrapping one arm around her waist.

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought I had just ruined our relationship." She laughed with relief before smirking and sliding her hand down his chest. "How about you put the Crest on autopilot, we leave the child sleeping up here and you and I go express how much we love each other."

"You're amazing."

"I know." Asra stated smugly. "Now remove those pants."