Chapter 1 -Dispair

Grace POV:

"Evelyn!",

i shout opening the huge,heavy door, followed by two of my seargents.

She looks at me with worried eyes. My walk gets slower and i stand in front of her, crossing my arms behind my back. "Whats wrong?",

she asks her voice calm. Our eyes meet and suddenly all the tension around me goes away. I sigh.

"The situation escalated.",I say, "Abnegation is overrun. They found all the Divergents hiding there. Jeanine has ordered a massacre!"

"My god.",

her eyes wider than ping-pong balls.

"I cant get them all out, Evelyn.", i mutter aware of my own helplessness. She lets out a deep sigh. "Its okay. Get out as many as you can.... We'll sort this out another time." , she then whispers and looks at her papers scattered infront of her. I storm out of the room. I press the small button on my earphone that connects me to my agents currently operating in Abnegation. I can hear them yelling for an instruction. "Listen to me closely now.", i can hear shooting on the other side, " You've all done a great job so far but we're overrun. I'm ordering you all to grab as many people as you can and return to our save point unseen.

Good luck.

Over and out.",

I shout and press the button again.

Silence.

"Seargent Miller, Seargent Collins. I need you both to get to the gates and prepare for the crowd. Inform me as soon as the get here and if anything unusual happens.", i say and we part ways.

I head straight to the control room and let myself fall into the seat next to Felix's.

"My, my Grace you look worn out.", he frowns and squeezes my sholder. I close my eyes for a second.

" Dude, i feel it. I havent slept for at least 48 hours."

I look at him.

"No pity, Felix, its okay just wish my plan had worked out.", I sigh.

He instantly knows what i mean and pats my shoulder in agreement. We sit there for at least 2 hours without saying anything until my earphone starts to make a cracking sound.