Chapter 29

Hello everyone!

So the cover above is the one that I'm thinking of changing my present one to. What do you think?

I CROSSED 100K READS!!!!YAYY. Currently I have 128k reads. But what I'm mostly excited about is my rankings which lasted for a few days(#6 in humor, #1 in hatred and #577 in ROMANCE!!). Keyword being 'lasted'. Lol

Thank you so much guys for all your support and love.

Check the author's note at the end.

...................

  The clitter clatter sound of forks hitting plates and the familiar sight of waiters passing by greet Laura and Jared as they enter the restaurant. A member of their team waves at them from their booth so they both head off to that direction.

  'Are we late?' Laura asks Iffat as she sits beside her.

  'No. We all just arrived as well.' Iffat replies.

  Then why are everyone looking so weirdly at them.

  Someone pulls the chair beside Laura back and takes place on it. She doesn't even have to look to know who it is. She smelt the same cologne earlier today as well.

  Whispering from around Laura catches her attention again. They all look as if they are measuring her and Jared although they try to look nonchalant when Laura looks at them.

  What are they whispering about while looking at us?

  'Whenever we were together before we always seemed to have bad blood between us but we came together today. So they're just measuring us to understand what changed.' Jared answers her unspoken question from beside her in an amused tone.

  What is so funny about the bad blood between us that he's amused?

  'I knew that. You didn't have to tell me.' Laura lies. Nothing bad would happen from a white lie anyways.

  'Oh really? My bad then.' Jared answers in a tone which clearly says that he doesn't believe her. But he doesn't make any comment.

  'Have you checked my ideas yet?' Iffat asks from beside her.

  Laura turns towards her to reply, 'I have. Those were really nice. I haven't talked with Jared yet. We'll have to hold a meeting with Marissa present. So that we can decide on a idea. She must have some of her own.'