Memory Lane

A brief memories of when Anais first arrived Heaven.
————————————————
"What is this?" Anais asked as she touched the ground. It was soft, was it a cloud? "Heaven. We're in the entrance, Heaven isn't all just a big cloud. Here, take my hand and I'll show you home."

Anais grabs her grandmas hand. She walked up to a big golden gate, it opened and the two walked inside. "I want my dad." Anais' voice cracked.

Alexandria looked down and her face soften. She kneeled down and put her hands on Anais shoulders, "I know baby. But, he's not one to be welcomed here." Alexandria explained.

"He's good. I know he is!" Anais looked at her grandmother in the eyes. "Oh, sweetie. I know he is, believe me...if it was up to me, I would let him come up here." Alexandria adds, Anais seemed to calm down.

"Maybe one day...your father will walk past those gates." Alexandria points to the golden gates that were now closed. Anais looked back at her grandma and nods.

They continue to walk down the path, cars weren't really a thing here...just many people flying or walking around.

Anais looked around with a smile, she sees a few older angels looking at her and whispering. She was able to hear what one said, "Isn't that the kid that lived in hell? Why is she here? All she's going to do is cause chaos."

Anais looked at the angel confused. "I heard she was a demon. How in the name of God was she able to come up here without any rehab?" Another angel asked with an angry tone.

Anais furrowed her eyebrows slightly and looks down in defeat. Why is everyone looking at me as if I'm a demon? I'm just like them.

Age 10

Anais walked outside of her small (new) childhood home. She sees kids running around and playing on the streets. She smiled and ran back inside to ask her grandma if she can go play.

Alexandria agreed and Anais ran back out and joined in with the kids. They all stopped and looked at her, "Maybe tomorrow."

They all walked back to their homes, Anais stood there dumbfounded. "O...kay...." Anais looked around.

She sighed and walked back home, her head hung low in defeat.

Age 17, senior year in high school

Walking down the student mall she walked by a groups of angels. "There goes demon girl." An angel snickers.

Anais sighed and continued walking. She grabbed her headphones out from her pocket and put them on. She listened to some music while making her way to the cafeteria.

She was in a public school, she had thought that people up here wouldn't be so...rude.

She guess they only keep the murderers down there, and only keep the ones that haven't up here, sigh.

A few moments later and Anais finds herself sitting down, looking as students walked by and everyone else with their friends.

She had none...she never had any. Everyone always excluded her from everything. She was used to it by now.

During PE, Anais would walk by the bushes and trees. She always found some sort of comfort when she was near something n she was responsible for taking care of.

Being the only 'flower angel'

Anais read books about flower angels, she had always assumed she was one. There's can't be one angel to a power or strength.

Prom

"What are you still doing here, Ana?" Alexandria asked from the door way. Anais was sitting down in front of her table, reading a book.

"I wanted to finish this book." She held up the book to show her nana. "Besides, Prom probably sucks." Anais mumbled.

"Ana, nothing will suck unless you make it. You don't need a date either." Alexandria kissed her granddaughters cheek and walked back to her room.

Anais sighed and shakes her head. "I'm not going." She tells herself.

A few moments later...

"I hate this." Anais said once she was in the middle of the crowd. Everyone was dancing and bumping around eachother. "Yup, I definitely hate this." Anais groaned as she pushed her way out of the crowd.

She sat down on the floor and sighed. "Why did I come?" She asked herself as she raised a brow. "You an me both." A male voice replied.

Anais turned to her left and sees a very attractive guy. "Don't you have a date?" She asked, the guy shakes his head.

"Don't you have sixth period with me?" Anais asked, the guy nods. "You're...Jensen Hernandez, right?" She points at him.

Jensen nods, "You're Anais?" He points back, Anais smiled and nods. "I'd rather be called...Melani, it's my middle name. I've been thinking about changing my name for a while." Jensen nods.

"It's nice to meet you, Melani." Jensen and Anais shake hands. "Nice to meet you too, Jensen."