Chapter 17

Dippers POV

We walk hand in hand to the dining room our hands swinging back and forth as I look around the halls. The corridors have high rooves and are covered in decorations that being portraits, banners, flags, artefacts, statues, and just more random decorations like desks and vases with flowers in. The flowers in Hell are different from the ones on earth. There an autumn red colour with some different shades of orange and a mustard yellow in the petals. They have little sparks of fire floating around them that come out from the pollen. It's really beautiful. I was quite surprised when it first blew out sparks of fire and I ended up moving closer to Bill... He laughed at me. I pout looking away embarrassed my cheeks heating up.

"Aw Flower, I'm sorry look at me please," Bill said still chuckling. I moved to look at him glaring and then I look away again. He burst out laughing harder witch caused me to look at him sharply. "S-Sorry Flower, You just look so cute and non-threatening when your angry~," He says smiling at me. I blush and look down at the floor smiling forgetting why I was mad.  

He stands still and looks at me placing his fingers under my chin tilting my head up to be looking at him. I stare into his golden honey eyes forgetting everything else around me as I feel my breath catch in my throat and slowly go on my tippy toes moving slightly closer as I see him bend down slightly looking at my lips I slowly trace my tongue across my bottom lip as I feel his breath on it. I blush looking to his lips then back up to his. We both move closer till our lips are inches apart. I close my eyes getting ready but then I feel the warm breath on my lips move further away till its not there at all. I open my eyes to see that he moved away and he's looking the other way his hand covering his mouth and he seems to be blushing a dark red. It's cute but I don't understand why he moved away. Is it because he doesn't want to kiss me? 

Of course, he doesn't! I'm an angel my people and his people have been at war for centuries. I lied to him about who I really am. Well, I didn't exactly lie I just didn't tell him it's not like he asked. I sigh looking down. I don't understand why I'm so disappointed my chest is aching. I don't like this... He clears his throat grabbing my attention  I look up at him sadly and he looks away. I frown and he speaks "Come on let's get breakfast I don't want you to go hungry on my watch" I nod and he starts walking in big strides as I follow a few centimetres behind timidly. Keeping my eyes on the floor it's not that appealing but I feel the air around us become awkward and tense and quite frankly I'm scared. Scared what I might see if I look up and lock eyes with him. 

I see his feet stop moving and I look up were at a pair of doors on the left side of the corridor. He pushes them open with ease and he smiles at me. I smile back and look inside. It's a big room with three massive gold chandeliers with crystals on them lighting up the room with a dim glow. The walls are a taupe colour with a white bottom trim.  A huge grand dark oak table rounded on the ends with several chairs around it one chair at each end being the head seats and four chairs on each side all with cushioned seats. The table had a maroon table runner with a gold candlestick in the middle. That was surrounded by amazing rich in minerals and calories (surprised Bill ain't fat yet if he gets to eat like this every meal of every day) breakfast foods. Like stacks of pancakes, Bacon and eggs, Sausages, Cereal boxes, Crumpets, Waffles anything you could imagine for a great breakfast feast being there. I look around the room and realise we are not alone. There are two guards stationed on either side of the room.

Bill pulls out a chair for me and I thank him and sit down.  He waves over the two guards and the one that was closer to us came over first. He looks around age 24 or 25 he has grey hair that was a darker grey at the roots he had a small tophat on with a bow tie something I didn't expect a guard to wear but I liked it anyway. He was wearing a suit with some armour over it like shoulder blades and a belt that went under the shirt witch held a knife. I knew he was a guard because of that. His whole outfit seems moderately dark and monotone. The only bit of colour on him was his eyes which were a nice mocha brown colour. He seemed quite bored when he came over but the air around him held a high professional aura as well and a threatening aura. He seemed like someone you didn't want to (Bad word coming up sorry) piss off. He looks at Bill dully which Bill only smiles at.