⁰⁶ million dollar question

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────

"so sakura, where do you live?" hinata asked.

it was around 7:30 pm and the four first year student at karasuno high who had stayed late for extra volleyball practice decided it was best to go home. currently, sakura and suzuki were walking along with the short boy, hinata sandwiched in the middle. kageyeama followed mindlessly behind. his hands stuffed in his pockets and head hanging down as they all walked to the bike racks near the front of the school.

"45, aoyama 2-chōm. why?" she asked. she watched suzuki and hinata kneel down and unchain their bikes.

"i was just asking because suzuki lives my way. i thought we could all walk home together but live closer than i thought." hinata paused, finishing removing his bike from the rack when his face lit up. "hey kageyama don't you live there?" hinata asked.

"hm?" kageyama said with no enthusiasm, finally looking up.

"don't you live in 45, aoyama 2-chōm?" hinata rephrased.

"eh? hai, why?" kageyama replied, still confused.

"oh that's great! you guys can walk together!" hinata said.

hinata you boke! kageyama though you himself.

sakura kobayashi and tobio kageyama hanging out together didn't exactly seem... right. sakura was pretty, friendly, smart, talkative the list goes on, so it wasn't a surprise that she was very popular (not to mention her large instagram following). kageyama however, was none of those things. he was certain that this girl he had met only a few hours ago didn't plan to continue to speak to him. but it was fine, kageyama had a plan to not to make a fool of himself. first, he'd come up with an excuse-

"that's a great idea!" sakura said in her signature bubbly tone.

kageyama turned his head to look at the shorter girl but all sakura did was give him a warm smile, one that he couldn't say no to. kageyama simply nodded his head.

"well i'll see you tomorrow sakura" suzuki said as she started to walk in the opposite direction. hinata followed behind her while waving back at the two, before getting on his bike and turning the corner.

and before he could even realize it, the two setters left alone together.

kageyama slowly started to panic, he had never really been alone with a girl, especially not one he'd admired as much.

he cleared his throat. sakura's gaze shifted from where her friend was, to the boy in front of her.

"we should get going, you know, um- before it gets too dark?" sakura nodded and started walking ahead. her hips swung from left to right, tiny school skirt teasing swaying from side to side with each step she took. kageyama now realized why noya was so fond of the uniforms.

"are you coming kageyama-kun?" the words flowed from her lips like honey. so smooth that if taken out of context, the innocent tone could've been rather seductive.

he wanted to slap himself for such sinful thoughts.

kageyama mumbled a small gomen and started jogging to catch up to the girl.

"i actually wanted to ask you something" sakura stated. her voice just above a whisper.

"w- what is it?" he tried his best to sound nonchalant.

"well i'm not the best indoor player. i'm more of a beach person that's why i've been trying to get more practice on the court. i've seen you play. back in middle school when you played with oikawa and even last year. you're very talented kageyama-kun"

he couldn't help but blush. this girl he used to buy athletic magazine just to see her photoshoots and interviews was now complimenting him.

"although," she'd paused.

"you'd be a lot better setter if you put your pride aside."

wait... what?

"so here's the deal i'm willing to make you. you help me work on my tosses after practices, more specifically quicks and in return i'll help you fix that bad attitude out yours. it's a win-win if you ask me" that soft tone that was earlier used to compliment the him was now wiped off and replaced with one of ambition and bossiness. kageyama wasn't used to this and he did not like that one bit.

trying his best to keep his composure and not say anything too harsh, he replied "i don't need fixing. my tosses are fine and that all that matters"

"excuse me? watch your tone" sakura let out with a huff and rolled her eyes.

sakura was driving him insane.  she had asked for his help in a rather disrespectful manner and when decliend, she had the audacity to say he had attitued? kageyama was fed up.

he whipped his head to face her before standing in front of her and blocking her path. sizing her up, her face was met with the boys chest as he stared her drown. the mear 7 inch hight difference made her swallow the forming lump in her throat though it didn't seem to go away. even tsukishima didn't stare her down like this.

"watch your mouth the next time you talk to me." the boys words were dripped in venom before he turned around and continued walking up the sidewalk.

sakura was at a loss for words. she didn't like feeling helpless and intimidated. she was already going out of her way to ask for someone else's help kageyamas decline made her want to throw a tantrum.

no no no sakura, thats not what we're here to do, we need to get him to help us!

she quickly cleared her thoughts and calmed her breaths before running to catch up to kageyeama.

her small hand lightly gripped the boys wrist. he turned his head in response to the gesture, his lips were in a flat line showing he was clearly still angry. sakura stood up straight and cleared her throat.

"um... i'm sorry about earlier." the same soft voice that she'd used to complement the boy, she was using once again. "i can be a little demanding at times, my apologies." she hooked a strand of hair behind her hair as the other was still placed comfortably on his wrist.

"but i meant what i said. i admire you and the way you run the court i'd really like you to consider my offer" she continued. if it were any other girl, kageyama would've told her to get lost, that he didn't need help nor did he want to help her.

but she was kobayashi's daughter.

an idol which he had watched and admired his whole volleyball career (or at least up until his retirement) kageyama was torn.

the small little words that flowed out from sakura's lips snapped the boy back into reality "please tobio-kun" his first name rolling off her lips brought a slight blush to the boy's cheeks. he slowly nodded in agreement. sakura grinned at he reply and wrapped her arms around the much taller boy, snuggling into his chest.

and once again, the flirtatious gesture had him caught in her trap.

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────

haikyuu manga officially ended earlier today. it's so bittersweet :(