six

After changing from my cheerleading practice clothes I headed out of the locker room.

I jump in surprise as my shoulder is grabbed. I turn to see my older sister and sigh.

"Jesus Elena." I say before she sends me a half smile.

"Sorry... Do you wanna come with me to workout? I really wanna talk about everything. I know today has felt kinda rushed and confusing." She says, looking at me almost with guilt.

My face softens at her offer and I nod. I was happy she came to me instead of me having to beg her and Damon for some kind of explanation.

When we get to the gym we change once again and prep for a workout like usual. We always seemed to workout together, we were used to it because of cheerleading.

"So I figured you had questions and I wanna answer them. I know I would've been annoyed if I was you in the situation." Elena begins, as she fills up a water bottle and passes it to me.

I nod before speaking. "I wanna know more about him, the family." I state, taking a seat at one of the benches.

"Klaus? He's an original obviously. But he's a hybrid as well. Really powerful. He can compel vampires and humans. And his bite is fatal to a vampire." I raise my eyebrow at her blunt voice. She was always one to beat around the bush.

"You already know about the ritual shit that went down awhile ago-"

"he killed Jenna and he was planning on killing you to fully become a hybrid. But why is he still after you if you being alive didn't effect his ritual?" I ask thinking back to how frantic the man was.

"His attempt at creating hybrids kept failing. Turns out he needs my blood to create them. So I wouldn't say he's out to kill me again."

"Just good ole kidnapping." A voice steps in and my eyes flicker over to the raven haired vampire.

"So whats going on here. Are you two going to bench press a vampire?" He asks jokingly which makes Elena roll her eyes and turn to him in annoyance.

"Stop being so obnoxious, do you even know what's happening right now? Stefan called me a human blood bag. He's a completely different person." She says before turning back to me.

"Speaking of which, you already know Klaus compelled Stefan to turn off his humanity, making him dangerous to all of us." She sighs sadly again and I nod.

"Thats why I have a plan." She adds making me and Damon look at each other in amusement and then back to the brunette.

"What's would this plan be, oh warrior princess?"

"I want to lock Stefan up, at least until this Mikael guy comes, kills Klaus, and the compulsion breaks." She explains, making Damon shake his head before speaking.

"Compulsion or not, Stefan's high on human blood, Okay? A lot of it." He explains, reminding me of Stephans original diet that had now been broken.

"You've gotten him off of it before."

"This is different. It's not a stint in rehab, Elena. His humanity's gone. Light's out. No one's home." He sighs, massaging his temples.

"Then do it for me, Damon. Every single time I look at him, I feel like I'm going to break. And I'm not going to give him that satisfaction." She says, her voice cracking slightly. I knew how much it pained her to see Stefan alter the way he did. It went against everything that he stood for.