Chapter 20: Dreams

Ryan POV

Today's Emma's birthday she's finally sixteen. Her head's curled into my shoulder and her arms wrapped around my torso. As her hair fans out on the pillow.

We had quit a day yesterday. We went to the peer and on a boat ride. Emma loved seeing all the dolphins and whales while I just loved watching her.

Later that day we went to the beach and walked at sunset. So when we arrived we took our showers and went to straight to sleep exhaustion from our adventurous day. Emma and I have been to the beach before but never have we spent our time such as we are now. It's like a honeymoon without the whole wedding.

I desperately want to wake her up and kiss her senseless but it's our vacation and she shouldn't have to wake up early. So instead I settle for just holding onto her and falling back into sleep.

When I wake up the second time it's an hour later the clock just about to hit seven. I kiss Emma's head and her eyes drowsily open and she smiles at me. Goddess she's so beautiful. I've always found Emma gorgeous but each day she becomes even more so.

"Happy birthday my love." I whisper. Her smile widens and she attempts to snuggle into me more than she is now hiding her face in my neck.

"Good morning." She responds her hair at this point is covering me arm her head lies on and I just twirl her golden locks in between my fingers.

"I have a special day planned for us. So get your cute ass up and dressed." I say giving her a light spank which makes her squeal and jump up.

She runs into the closet and I head to the bathroom. Not long after Emma's behind me entering the bathroom to brush her teeth and all her lady things. I check out her outfit she's in some teal sundress that hugs her small curves. She looks hot in my opinion. I watch as she brushed her hair and does her makeup.

"Don't put any lipgloss on today only chapstick." I comment. I'm not the type of guy who tells her what to do all the time but I really don't want pink gloss all over my face today.

"Okay." She responds giving me a wink.

I throw on a button up shirt and some jeans. We both put on our white converse together. Emma had me wear a teal shirt so we're matching. Damn she could tell me to wear a pink tutu and I'd do it just for her.

Emma grabs her purse and we clasps our hands together as we leave the room.

"So what are we doing today?" She asks excitedly.

"That is a surprise." I reply.

I plan on taking Emma to San Diego's botanical garden. I know how much she loves nature and I'm sure she'll love it. Plus I paid for women to walk up to her at each section of the garden and present her with a flower. Each on one different. From roses to jasmine.

I have us stop by BleenChic on our way a popular crepe restaurant. I know how much Emma loves strawberry cream filled crepes.

Emma POV

When we arrived at the crepe restaurant I immediately knew this day is going to be the absolute best. When our food arrived I moaned right as the food hit my mouth. The strawberries were so fresh and sweet and they had made homemade whipped cream.

Ryan watched me with love and lust in his eyes as I was eating making me a bit self conscious to be honest.

"Stop looking at me and eat your food." I scolded. He immediately began eating his food and he too moaned at the flavor of his Nutella banana crepe.

When we finished we left and Ryan helped me in the car. He let choose what type of music we were listening to. I played a song I soon would call ours The Night We Met by Lord Huron. We both sang along to the song despite us both being mildly bad at singing.