2.1

CHAPTER ONE: LOGAN'S POV

I can't believe what I am seeing. Surely it is impossible. There in front of me, close enough to touch.

Hailey.

A shoulder bag hangs over right shoulder and a camera hangs around her neck.

My mate.

I'm shifting before I can stop myself. My wolf refuses to lose her again. Hailey stares at me with wide eyes as I run towards her. I leap, landing on her, she whimpers as her back connects with the ground. I nuzzle her neck and draw in her scent.

My mate.

My wolf says as though reminding me and I claim her without a second thought. My teeth bear down on the soft skin of her neck nearing her collarbone. She screams out in pain but all I can think about is marking her, making her mine.

"LOGAN!" Melinda voice roars across the opening in the trees. My body tenses knowing I have angered my Alpha.

I feel the presence of three more wolves and I know it is Banner and my brothers. My teeth let go of Hailey and I turn to snarl at the wolves closing in on me. Somewhere in my mind I know they are trying to help, trying to help Hailey, trying to help me but my wolf recognises them as males who would steal my mate.

"Logan! Stand down!" My Alpha yells across the clearing. A naked Melinda runs towards me. "Don't make me fight you!"

When I show no intention of backing down Melinda shifts mid run. The white wolf that stands a head and shoulder taller than mine crashes into my side knocking me off my mate.

I glance back at Hailey desperate to get to her.

"SHIFT!" Melinda growls at me via mind-link. I snap at her and she snaps back continuously yelling in my head. She holds me down long enough for my brothers to position Hailey on the back of Banner's wolf.

"Get her to the house and someone call Curtis!" Melinda instructs and I let out a pained howl. "God damn it Logan! SHIFT!"

Melinda's words drip with Alpha order and I find myself obeying. She remains as her wolf until my breathing calms. As she shifts my brothers hold me.

"Take him to the cell."

"Mel-"

"You just turned a human Logan."

"It is Hailey! She is my mate!"

"Bro..." Luke looks at me sadly.

"Hailey is dead Logan. You watched her die." Melinda says and I shake my head.

"That is Hailey. She is my mate. I know it."

"And you can know it in a cell until I know that girl is ok." Melinda looks at me with such disgust I feel my stomach clench. I hate disappointing my Alpha but Mel is more than that she is one of my best friends.

HANNAH'S POV

I startle awake and pain shoots through my neck.

"Oh fuck."

"You are going to want to take it easy." A female voice says and I look around to find myself in an unfamiliar room.

"What the hell happened last night?"

The last thing I remember is leaving my grandmother's house with Hailey's camera.

"Three nights ago actually." The voice talks again and finally I see her a girl a little shorter than me with reddish brown hair. "I'm Melinda."