𝙂𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙍𝙖𝙩

February 28, 1994

Aster was eager to head down to Severus' office that afternoon. Her normally dour potions/healing professor had FINALLY finished his checks on the Firebolt they both suspected was sent by Sirius Black. She was sure that Ron would be pestering her to re-take the seeker's position on the house team, especially since Slytherin had slaughtered Ravenclaw in the last match (though she took a singular joy that Cho Chang had beaten Malfoy to the snitch). With the current division of the points between the houses, Gryffindor still had a shot at the Quidditch cup.

Aster however found herself not caring about the chance at the trophy. Since removing herself from the house team, she'd come to realize that it wasn't the game she loved, but the flying. And with Severus having finished his examinations, she could now try out that beautifully crafted piece of magic. The stories people told of the broom's acceleration and maneuverability...

Unfortunately, when class was over, Professor Lupin asked her to stay after class. Aster wasn't worried about being in trouble. Hermione and Ron had already told her about how the Professor tried to get them to convince her to accept the Headmaster's guardianship, so this probably had something to do with that.

"Is there something you needed, Professor?" she asked, keeping a cool and neutral tone. She knew Lupin wanted her to call him by his first name, but Aster absolutely refused to become so familiar with the man, at least not until the professor showed a change in attitude towards her.

"The Headmaster would like to see you in his office," Lupin answered as he packed up his things. And then he glanced at Hermione and Ron, who were looking worried and uncomfortable as they waited for their friend. "Don't worry, Aster's not in trouble," he said reassuringly. "She'll join you when she's done."

That was their cue to leave, but they were obviously reluctant to do so. "It's okay guys," she said. "Go ahead. If this does take too long, I'll get myself something from the kitchens."

Her two friends nodded and left the room.

Apparently, Lupin was going to escort Aster to the Headmaster's office himself. "I assume this is about my guardianship," she guessed as they walked down the hall.

Lupin shrugged. "Most likely, but I wasn't told exactly what this meeting was going to be about."

"Doesn't that annoy you?" the green-eyed girl asked. "How Dumbledore lets you blunder along until the very last moment when he'll come in to save you or give you some kind of intel that could have helped you all along? And then he expects you to be appreciative of it?"

"I don't know where this animosity you have for the Headmaster comes from, Aster," Remus said, shaking his head in confusion. "He's done a lot of good for our world. Occasionally he'll miss a few things here and there, but it's not like he claims to be Merlin."

"That's debatable," Aster muttered under her breath. "If he's not Merlin, then he shouldn't act like it," she added louder.

Lupin merely sighed before they came upon the little gargoyle. "Sugar Daddies."

They made it up to the office, where in addition to the Headmaster, Severus and Andromeda also waited for them. Suddenly, Aster's heart was pounding in her chest. With Severus and Andromeda present, it could only mean some kind of decision had been made. When turned to Severus - trying to get a read on the situation - she only got a slight shake of the head that could mean anything.

At least he's not totally pissed off, the concerned girl thought.

"Please come in, Aster," Dumbledore invited. "And you may stay as well Remus."