3.1

CHAPTER ONE: GRACE'S POV

Logan bolts into the forest and as I watch his retreating wolf form more tears roll down my cheeks.

This was the right choice, I made the right choice, I couldn't let my pack die for me. I look to Hannah's brown wolf.

"Look after him please. Tell him I love him."

Her wolf nods before taking off in the same direction. Mel shifts and steps towards me.

"Grace, you don't have to do this. I would never force you to-"

"And I love you for that but I can't let my pack get hurt. I'll go with him."

A smug sounding scoff comes from Killian's wolf and I turn on my fated mate with my eyes full of rage. I'm hoping I portray anger and not the fact that I'm actually terrified. I hate the way I feel around him. I had just got over the damn mate bond dreams when he found me in the forest. His touch ignited something in me and I haven't slept since.

"You!" I point my finger at the black wolf. "Don't you think for a second that you have won; I don't give a damn that I'm your fated mate. If I did I would have told you back in Ireland two years ago."

Killian growls but I power on.

"I'm going with you to save my pack. Mel will always be my Alpha, this will always be my pack. I will not complete the bond with you and I sure as hell won't be your Luna."

Not a single person or wolf dares to move. I will myself to stop shaking but it only intensifies as Killian shifts. Instead of his wolf eyes, dark and threatening, he stares in my direction with his cloudy green eyes. I thank the moon goddess in this moment that he is blind and can't see my reaction to his incredibly naked form. He is huge...everywhere and his scent of whiskey and vanilla is intoxicating.

"We leave now." Killian's voice leave no room for argument and that immediately has me bristling.

"Dawn."

"Excuse you?"

"Dawn."

"Now."

"You are taking me away from everything and everyone I love. I get to dictate when we leave."

Again I feel like everyone is holding their breaths collectively as I talk back to the intimidating Alpha.

"Dawn."

Both packs scatter leaving only me, Killian, Melinda, Banner and my family minus Logan and Hannah.

"Go on in Grace. Julie, Luke and Dave, you too. I'll send someone to pack your things. You all stay here tonight and enjoy your time together."

My mum pulls me into her arms and the twins join in for some sort of Miller group hug. Mum peeks out of the hug to Melinda.

"Thank you Alpha." She says softly.

As my family and I walk in the Alpha house I hear Melinda address Killian.

"I'd invite you to stay for dinner but considering you just tried to kill me I'm going to pass on the proper pack hospitality. You want to be an animal Killian? You can sleep out here."

"She is mine cousin. You had no right to keep her."

"Good luck Killian. With Grace, you are going to need it."

I take a guest bedroom on the second floor remembering back to how Banner used to leap through into Melinda's first floor one. Although I think Killian would be stupid to try anything given the sleepover going on in my room.