XXXVIII

steph's pov

"alright so who wants to go first?" steph asks.

not gonna lie, after that question i immediately turn my head to avoid eye contact from everyone. maybe that was my first mistake? or maybe everyone had already made up their minds; i would be the first victim. but, of course my name gets called. i should have kept my mouth shut.

"i vote for steph. all in favor?" cal asks.

a chorus of i's follow. fuck. cal. and you know what? i'm not a bitch. i'll say it to his face.

with a serious expression i turn towards call and say, "fuck you cal." all he does is laugh. i don't blame him though, i'm not exactly the most intimidating person you could meet.

either way i was NOT excited about being picked first. i was kinda hoping to scout out the dares. find out just how crazy everyone wanted to go. they'll either go easy on me because i'm the first one chosen or they'll set an example and ruin my life.

i'm willing to bet money it's the latter.

just then, cal looks me in the eyes. just from his expression i can tell that whatever he's about to say next will not be in my favor. then it hits me. cal was there.

cal has seen me and tobi cuddle before.

he even has a picture of us. in our defense, at the time me and tobi we're still friends; still getting to know each other but i'd bet everything i own that cal doesn't care. if i remember correctly, tobi and i were sleeping when he caught us. so we weren't even conscious of our own decisions. again, i seriously doubt cal cares.

"alright steph, you ready for your question?"

that's right! all i need to do is answer this question correctly and i won't have to do a dare! easier said than done but i've got this!

the rules of the game are simple, answer a question right and you're safe. answer wrong and you do a dare.

no one really specified what the topic of the questions would be which is kinda frightening but i doubt anyone would ask anything that's impossible to answer. then again... would cal ask me anything that i don't know the answer to? he can be pretty mischievous but he wouldn't do anything to unfair. at least i hope so.

i look up towards his face. cal seems as calm as ever but i can tell he's deep in thought. probably trying to find the perfect question to ask me.

"so steph, when you and tobi first met, the guys and i interrupted your date-"

"it wasn't a date" i interrupt him.

"whatever, we interrupt your meeting with a phone call." cal stares toward me with a smug look. "why did we call tobi? and what was going on that day?"

"hey, that's two questions!" i say with a pout

cal and i turn our heads towards everyone else. they look back and forth between each other before saying in unison, "we'll allow it."

wow, i'll get them back for that one. anyway, how the fuck does cal know that? i do remember tobi getting a call, but how does he know tobi was with me when he received it? why did they call?

i shut my eyes right and think back to that day. images to tobi finding me on the bench, the wall, and the tint cafè flash through my mind. i can vividly remember a lot of the conversations tobi and i had that day but i can't, for the life of me, remember why they called. i just know tobi told me that day. so, why can't i remember? at the time, such a small detail must not have mattered. i was to bust enjoying myself to remember. to busy wishing he didn't have to leave so soon.

looking down at the floor i mutter, "i- i...... i can't remember."

cal smiles, "so i win!" looking back at him i reply, "don't get a big head about it! i'll get you back somehow!" cal seems unfazed.

everyone looks kinda shocked. they must have expected me to know the answer. josh speaks up, "what's steph's dare cal?" cal faces towards josh, "hmmmmm good question josh. let's see...." now facing at me cal responds.

"steph, i dare you to-"

———————————————

opps.
THATS THE END OF THE CHAPTER

it's pretty long so i hope you guys enjoyed

anyway, i just wanted to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 20K READS!!!!!!

IT LITERALLY MEANS SO FUCKING MUCH SO THANK YOU!!

again i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter
much love <3