~4~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"I'm going to go check on Tony and Bruce, care to join?" Steve asked us, and Thor shook his head.

"I will monitor Loki."

"I'll stay with you, brother." I said, but Thor looked at me.

"Go with the patriotic one, Aurora, I will be fine here."

I placed my hand on his, smiling.

"Alright."

I turned to Steve, who gave me a small smile, and we walked out the room together.

"What's it like?" Steve asked, looking at me.

"To live on another planet, I mean." He chuckled, and I smiling, shrugging.

"Normal, for me." I responded as we approached the door.

"What is living on Earth like?" I asked, but as Steve opened the door, I saw Tony zap Bruce, making him gasp in pain as Tony examined him closely.

"Hey!" Steve yelled, and we approached the two men.

"What on Earth are you doing?" I asked, crossing my arm over my chest.

"Nothing?" Tony responded, and Steve looked angry.

"Are you nuts?"

"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you?" Tony ignored Steve, turning to Bruce.

"What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?"

Huge bag of what?

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked, and Tony pointed at him.

"Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny." Steve said, and I looked at Bruce.

"No offence, doctor." I smiled, and he put his hands up in defence.

"No, it's alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things." He said, giving Tony side eye.

"You're tiptoeing, big man. You need to strut." Tony said to Bruce, and I shook my head.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." I said, making Tony roll his eyes.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us?" He asked, and I looked at Steve, who looked equally as confused as me.

"I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables."

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asked Tony, who shrugged.

"He's a spy. Captain, he's the spy. His secrets have secrets." He said, then pointed at Bruce.

"It's bugging him too, isn't it?"

"Uh, I just wanna finish my work here and-" Bruce said, looking nervous, and Steve watched in intently.

"Doctor?"

"'A warm light for all mankind.' Loki's jab at Fury about the cube." Bruce sighed, and I nodded.

"I heard it." I said, making Bruce point at Tony.