Call

The next morning, before we leave, I call up my father to check on him. Also, to see how many souls he has probably traded for sex. Aproximatley seven, I think I can hear.

"Wild night I presume," are both of our starting comments.

"You could say so." I choose to break the ice first.

"I put that 'Call Me Maybe' song on loudspeaker for the whole evening."

"Seriously? How much hatred do you feel the need to have?"

"The souls are screaming. I had to throw a few out the house this morning. Kept trying to turn it off."

"You mean it's still on?" I ask. Father does have a patience when it comes to making Hell.

"Nah, I switched to Bieber."

"Ouch." Sure, there are probably fans out there, but we have dead from as far back as the caveman era. Most prefer the classical music, so Bieber makes a few start digging thier graves. His fans haven't arrived in Hell yet.

"Yeah," I hear him turn away from the phone and screach at what was probably one of the dead crawing over his floor. "SERIOUSLY! I JUST POURED ACID OVER THAT DOORWAY!"

"Cleaning the house again?" I ask. Remember, Satan cannot be burnt.

"I'M TRYING!"

Sometimes, amongst all the stupid things he does, he can seem like a father to me. Bad at cooking, cleaning, pretty much anything. Unfortunatley, he's also a little crazy.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"OKAY?" I hear a sigh. "MY DAUGHTER WANTS TO CHECK ON MY WELLBEING? HOW DID I RAISE YOU TO BE LIKE THIS?"

"And with that note," I say brightly, "Bye."

The line goes dead, since Satan doesn't do farewells in Hell.