Mr. Right? | 25

KAIRO 

"I can't believe he didn't even give me a second chance to turn in my project," Ethan complained from beside me, shooting daggers at Mr. Harrison with his eyes. "That old man, I swear to God."

"He gave us enough time to finish it," I responded. "You just thought Overwatch was more important, didn't you?"

"I know Overwatch is more important," he corrected with a smug grin on his face. "I've been practicing so hard these days, I'm pretty sure I'm a professional at it at this point. Is it possible to get paid for playing Overwatch?" 

"I don't know, you should try to find out," I shrugged in response before I heard Mr. Harrison call out my name. I hurriedly stood up and Ethan wished me good luck before I made my way over to his table. He laid my report out on his table, face-down so I couldn't see the grade I had been assigned.

I see you being slick, old man.

"Where is your partner?" he questioned. I was just about to inform him that he hadn't shown up to school, but just then the door burst open and in came running said individual. He quickly set his bag aside on the table where he usually sat and made his way over to where I was standing once he noticed that it was time for our project to be graded.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I had something to take care of," he apologized with his head hanging low.

"It's alright, I'll let it pass just this once," Mr. Harrison responded. "Now, I wanted to say something before giving you your grades." He paused for a moment before leaning back against his chair with a small grin on his face, "I'm very impressed. This has got to be one of the best projects I've graded today. I didn't know the both of you had it in yourselves to come up with something so informative and creative."

He reached out for the report on his desk and flipped it over and my heart felt like it shot through the roof all the way to cloud nine-thousand to chill with the stars. 

We had been graded an A+.

"Excellent work. Keep it up, the both of you," he grinned before handing the report back to me. I stared down at the report in disbelief and while I continued to do so, Alexander began dragging me all the way over to his table.

"Sit," he insisted and I obliged, my mouth still agape. 

He sat down beside me and took the report from me before scanning over the pages in a matter of seconds as if he were a robot or something of that sort, "Holy shit. This is actually really fucking good, did you copy this off somewhere?"

"Why do you keep asking me that?" I huffed. "Do you really have no faith in me?"

"I'm just surprised," he admitted. "I didn't know you had it in you. You did all this by yourself? Really?"

"Yeah, and I didn't even ask you to proofread it," I snorted, giving him a victorious grin. "I told you I could do it all by myself."

"I'm proud of you," he grinned, patting me on the back.

And from that mere touch, I froze in my place. What the hell is going on? Why was I still feeling this way?

I quickly cleared my throat and attempted to regain my composure before stammering like an idiot, "A-Anyway, we got an A. You know what that means, don't you?"

"I know, I know," Alexander chuckled. "It means we got an A."

I shot him a quick glare and he raised his hands as if to surrender, "Woah, chill. I was just kidding. I know, I have to start practicing football."

"Yeah-," I began before noticing something on his elbow. I quickly placed my hand on his forearm and moved his arm just a little so I could get a better look at the fresh wound on his elbow. 

"Holy shit, what happened here?" I questioned, my concern only growing by the second.

"I fell," he stated before pulling his sleeve down a little so I could no longer see it. 

"You're lying to me," I said quietly. "Did something happen at home?"

He gave me a look of confusion before letting out a soft chuckle, "I got it from practicing football this morning, silly."

"Huh?" I blurted out, looking up at him. "No way. You've already started practicing?"

"Why do you think I haven't been showing up to school?" he questioned, raising his brows. "I heard that they're having selections for the football team again in a week so I started practicing a little earlier. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"Holy shit, I don't know what to say," I gasped, staring at him with wide eyes and an open mouth. "You cheeky little trickster, I was so worried because I thought something was going on at home.. and you shouldn't be skipping class for football, you know you can always practice after school."

"I know but I usually spend time after school studying or practicing guitar," he shrugged. 

"You can play guitar? That's hot," I blurted out before I could stop myself.

Stupid Kairo. You stupid little shit. You little stupid fucking donkey. You idiot sandwich. You absolute failure of a human being. You fucking wet sock. You little Youtube Rewind 2018.

"Thank you," he winked. "You're hot."

Holy fucking mother of geese.