19 - A straight flush

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS          

TRIGGER WARNINGS:EXPLICIT LANGUAGE SWEARING SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS          

Alessia was right, Lucious' fucking suit was blinding. I couldn't bear to look at the man. She got a lucky escape and took off leaving me with him.

We walked over to a less crowded part of the room to discuss this bit of business. I had not anticipated dealing with anything business related while at this party. But here I was.

"So Ace, there's this big job going down, a lot of money to be made. It's an easy in out type of job." Lucious explained. Fuck is that all?

"What's the risk like?" I asked feeling quite bored. I swilled the champagne glass I still held. It wasn't my favorite type of drink. "Little to none. I thought Alessia would have told you about this." Lucious said while scratching his patchy stubble.

"Alessia's on board." I stated almost like a question. "Damn right, that woman has bigger balls than every man combined in this room." He chuckled. That he was right about. I've never met a woman quite like her, perhaps that's why I was so fond of her. She was brazen and deadly. "All right sure, I'm in." I nodded. It couldn't hurt. "But why do you need me for?" I asked with curiosity.

Lucious almost choked on his drink. He shook his head and smiled. "You're perfect for the job and besides I know Alessia, she might pull out last minute. So I need someone more reliable. Alessia..she's...well very unique." He chuckled. "But don't worry about it. I'll send you the details. But for now enjoy the party."

I watched him walk away into a crowd of women and I went towards the bar. I could do with a proper drink. I wondered where Alessia was, I couldn't see her and I haven't heard a scream yet so I can only assume everything was fine.

I felt a pat on my back and I quickly looked up at the man beside me. He smiled his white teeth shining. "Ace Hernandez. It's been a long time." A rich British accent spoke. He proceeded to take a seat beside me and I didn't stop him from doing so.

I smiled unable to hide it. "Tom Holcroft. Pleasure to see you old friend." I put out my hand and he shook it firmly. "I didn't expect to see you here of all places." I added and took a sip of the cool whiskey I was handed.

"Likewise. My prior engagements fell through, so here I am. In this shit show." He chuckled. "Barkeep pour me a glass of whiskey on the rocks." He turned to face me. "I highly doubt this place is civilised enough to carry real whisky."

"It is a shame my friend." I chuckled and noticed his brand new watch. Mine was better. Tom was a friend of mine for quite some time and we unfortunately had little time to meet up. He was handsome and charismatic. He could easily make friends. But beneath the surface lay a dark side. That's what I liked about the man.

His profession was very different to mine. He owned several large distilleries in England. But yet, a few individuals have met their ends by pissing him off. I hold my hat off to him. I often asked him why he didn't run a mafia, he would always say he has everything he ever wanted.