Chapter Two- Very Very Gay

A/N: How is everyone doing? Also Xander and Carter are the same person, it is explained in the book but just thought I would let you know. Just for clarification, I am editing this book and will be posting 1-2 chapters each day. Hence why some of the book has been deleted. Anyways, hope you enjoy :)

On Friday, people decided to throw house parties that would usually end in some kind of drunken disaster. So, where was I now? In Caleb's passenger seat on my way to a party that one of our friends was throwing. I think the excuse was to celebrate the start of senior year, but I knew that was bullshit.

"Are you sure you don't want to drink tonight? I don't mind being the designated driver and driving us back." I asked him just as he was pulling up to the side of the road, a few houses down from the party. The truck's sunroof was open, making the wind blow my long hair all over the place as he drove, which annoyed him and me as my hair was consistently blowing in his line of vision.

I really needed to get it cut, or at least trimmed.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm not in the mood to get drunk tonight." He sighed, taking the keys out of the ignition. He had been a little off for the past few days. I gathered it had something to do with his love life from the fact that he kept avoiding the topic when I brought it up.

That was the issue when you had a thing going on with one of your closest friends. Especially when they were both keeping it a secret from everyone else.

Caleb was wearing ripped black jeans with a baggy band t-shirt. He probably didn't even know who the band was, considering he took most of his fashion advice from Instagrammers and famous singers. I swear he thought he was Justin Bieber or something. In all fairness, he could pull off anything thanks to his level of attractiveness. If it wasn't for the fact that he was very, very gay, I would have probably shooted my shot by now.

"Fair enough." I said, getting out of the car once I had managed to make my hair look somewhat presentable again. We walked side by side as we made our way down the street to the house. Music could already be heard before we even reached the driveway.

I almost fell flat on my face as the heel of my boot got caught in a crack on the sidewalk. Catching my balance, I gave Caleb a dirty look for not helping me, to which he just looked down at me and laughed at my expense. What a wonderful best friend I had.

I ignored him and marched up to the house with him leisurely strolling behind.

Like most homes in this town, the house was huge. People stood outside the front yard talking and smoking amongst themselves as we made our way inside, and I smiled at a few people that I knew. It was like any other party I've been to, drunk teenagers dancing, people acting like children as the drugs began to kick in, that one person who stands in the corner away from everyone. The air was thick with sweat and smoke as I made my way through to the kitchen.

I had no idea how Chris managed to convince his mom to let him have friends over, considering what happened the last time, but he somehow did it. Chris was mine and Caleb's friend, as well as Xander's, unfortunately. There were five of us in the group altogether, and Chris was the troublemaker.

Chris was... well, Chris was Chris. He was the group's joker, so it was hard to be anything but happy around him. He was the kind of person you went to if you needed cheering up and wanted a good laugh. He was also pretty fun to skip class with as well. With his charming smile and alluring eyes, he often found himself in trouble which I had to get him out of.

I went straight towards the fridge and opened a can of coke, not feeling in the mood to get drunk just yet as I was waiting for some to show up. Honestly, the only reason I came here was because Caleb promised he'd buy us a pizza and because I already told a friend that I was going to meet them here.