Chapter Twenty. OH MOTHER! (Continuation)

Hunter's POV.

(Recap)
As I lift the photograph to get a better view of it, something else that was written beneath it on the journal caught my eyes.    

                     "11-11-2011." 

What does this date mean and what happened that day?

(Present)
I had only succeeded in reading.
Hey sis! I know you would kick me behind for even touching your journal and would've probably killed me for writing in it. But I have a few things I need to say to you, things that I've been meaning to say to you for over two decades now.

Before the doorbell goes off. Stumbling across the messy room with annoyance I wonder who it could be as I rush downstairs to the front door. I wasn't expecting anybody today, it's Sunday after all. As I open the door to see my surprise guest, it's none other than Rainbow smiling brightly at me while saying.

"Hey, stranger! I brought lunch."
I'm surprised to say the lea,s, t but I returned her smile and collected the fancy bowl of whatever she had brought while thanking her. Still confused about what I'd just found out about my family, I decided to disclose everything to Rainbow.

A few minutes later, I'd succeeded in catching her up to everything I've read so far to the best of my ability.

"So your aunt whom you thought was traveling the world at the time of her death, wasn't? I nod instead of using my voice.

"So how does a baby fit into all of this? She asks no one in particular as she looks at the journal carefully before asking. "Have you finished everything?"

Turning to the page I was about to read, I hold it up to her eye level and say. "Except here and maybe the rest of it, if there's more?"

Rainbow's POV.

11-11-2011? why does this day sound familiar? Did something significant happen that day? My wandering mind was brought back to Hunter's reading of what was written in the journal.

"Hey, sis!" He starts reading and I try to focus on him instead of my obsession with the date.

"I know you would kick my behind for even touching your journal, and would've probably killed me for writing in it. But I have a few things I need to say to you, that I've been meaning to say to you for over two decades now. I'm so sorry for everything. I didn't say it sooner because I didn't want to admit to myself that I was responsible for your death somehow. Hunter pauses his reading while looking up at me. 

Inhaling sharply I urge him with a nod to continue."I didn't understand what you were going through at that time, I thought telling mom and dad would fix the problem. I just wanted to help you, sis. Mom, Dad, I, and everyone were all wrong about you. It's not an abomination or a curse that you wanted a child. You were and still, my sweet little sister, and I failed you."

"I'm ashamed to say that a friend of mine whose sister is an Lgbt member was able to make me understand what you've been telling me our entire lives." Hunter is the one to inhale sharply this time while adjusting his sitting position nervously.

Like all families. He had skeletons in the cupboard, we're not just sure how deep the cupboard is or how many skeletons they're hiding in it.
"It shouldn't have ended the way it did, it shouldn't have mattered that you were ace or even an alien in the first place. You're my sister and I should have protected you from everything and everyone. I should have been there for after father kicked you out; I failed you, sis!  For that, I'm so sorry. Mother can't even bear to look at me since you died. I understand her reasons for moving to a new town after her father died too; I wouldn't remain in the town that has taken so much from me either. He's struggling to keep it together but I can see his resolve falling apart. His hands are shaking at this point and his voice is cracking as he continues reading.

I met her today sis; such a delightful young lady. You would be very proud of the woman she is. Mother was right about us not deserving her though, but I really wanna make things right. (Smiles) She took after you physically, so much that it scares me. He takes a glance at me before reading what seems to be the last paragraph.

I've nothing more to say at this moment, and I won't ask for forgiveness because I don't deserve it, but I need you to know that I'm sorry and I will always love you. Hunter finished reading the last words from the page; he flips through other pages quickly with shaky hands trying to find more entries but nothing else was written on the journal after that. 

If he was ever in doubt about his aunt's entry before, surly they are gone the moment he finished reading his mother's entry.

"This is my mom's handwriting"
He says shakily with red eyes.
I don't know what to say to that. I'm just looking at him while wondering his family's reason for not telling him about his aunt and her child.

"I don't understand why mom would ever discuss anything with an Lgbt member; my family had strong dislikes for them. Heck! They won't even eat in an Lgbt friendly restaurant if their lives depended on it." He says while running his hands through his already messy blonde hair. He won't have any hair left by the time we uncover whatever mystery is going on here if he keeps pulling it like that.

"What's an ace? And why did my grandpa kicked aunt Kayla out for being one?"
He asks looking at me. Picking up my phone from the couch, I type in 'meaning of ace' hoping to find anything that might help.

I'm seeing many things related to the word ace, from a car hiring company to the ace we play in cards. I doubt the man would've kicked his child out of her childhood home for simply hiring a car or for having an ace card?
If she was obsessed with it maybe?

I was about telling him I can't find anything when I spot another definition I didn't even notice before, 'aces meaning of sexuality'  clicking on it, I start reading it out loud. "Ace/Asexual, Noun: A person who has no sexual feelings or sexual desire."  That's it? He kicks his child out of her childhood home because she can't get it on with guys?

Hunter collects the phone from me and just sits there staring at the screen while reading it over and over again before saying.
"Everything I knew about my family was a charade."

                                💖😘😘                         Xoxo

                       💖😘😘
                         Xoxo.