Chapter 38

Hayden's Pov

-

The soft whispers and gentle shove caused me to stir awake. My eyes fluttered open to see Alexis and Cameron.

"Hi" Cameron whispered, a smile tugged across my lips

"Hi" I chuckled

"We're an the Inn" Alexis said

"Oh" I mumbled, the two girls pulled away from my face and left the car.

Cameron refused to let me carry my suitcase -what a sweetheart- then again, I was too drained to oppose.

Our feet trialed behind Immanuel as we avoiding making eye contact with the other people in the small business.

The walls were made of dark brown wood, a golden lights chandelier hung on the center of the ceiling, my eyes immediately caught the reception desk upon entering the Inn.

Immanuel headed over and booked one room. Welp, Atleast we'll be in one place tonight.

We get to the room and was surprised to see that there were two rooms inside of it and two bathrooms.

"You will stay in this room, you won't speak to anyone not even the janitor, you'll eat when I say so, lets not make what happened today a practice" He spat, the man stepped away and locked the door before he left.

Well at least we have a DVD player and TV, maybe we'll watch them later.  Right now, I just needed a hot shower to smooth over the tension in my muscles.

After I hopped out of the shower, I sat on the bed. My fingers fidgeted with the oversized sweater and socks, I sighed and rubbed my temples.

What did I do to deserve this? What the actual hell did I do to my mother or anyone else in the goddamn world to be treated like I don't matter. To be treated like a rug.

A dent in the bed pulled my attention away from my over thinking mind.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, the only thing I remember is when everything went black, maybe that was a good thing" I chuckled

"I'm sorry" She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be in pain right now" She whispered, her eyes seemed glossy. It broke my heart to see her like this

"Hey, none of this is your fault, I didn't think, even though I had my ass handed to me that's the only action I've had in weeks" We laughed.

"You're ridiculous" she laughed

"Your smile is beautiful" I whispered, our eyes locked and she held a bright smile

"You really think so?" she asked in the most adorable voice

"I know so" I giggled, my fingers grazed against her soft cheek

"We should get some sleep" I whispered

"To prepare for what's next" she said

"Atleast I'll have you by my side" I whispered, my lips pressed against her forehead and lingered

"Can we cuddle?" she pouted, I chuckled and moved closer

"I'd never deny you" I said, my back pressed against mattress while Cam hovered over me

With one swift move, I hooked my legs around her waist and my arms around her shoulder, pulling her chest down to mine. She chuckled against my skin

"But I'm no little spoon"

------------------

The sound of an annoying parrot pulled my tired ass out of sleep. O

Oh wait, it's just Immanuel's voice cracking like he's going through puberty all at once.

"There's breakfast out there" those words should've woken me up instead

Those words were magical, we got up and rushed to the next room, I was still a little sore but not sore enough to stop me from running towards food.

We got to the next room and I was completely disappointed, like you ever go to jump on a leaf and there was no crunch, like you've been out all day away from Wi-Fi and you finally get home and you check the notifications to see if you were missed but its just the phone telling you that it needs to be charge, or you find out that you're not your favorite cousin's favorite cousin, yep well I felt just like that when I saw the food.

Is this even food? how am I sure if I eat this I'll still be alive. It looks like the chef took breakfast, lunch and dinner blended it up spat inside the blender multiple times and then topped it off with condense milk.

Come on man you can do better than this, its not like you've never eaten porridge before, you just need to full your gut. If I swallow fast enough I might not even taste it, I downed that porridge faster than anything, turns out I was wrong, I did taste it.

Now that it was done and over with, I headed straight to bathroom to brush my teeth and take a shower. Everyone sat there staring at me weird.

"What, I'm just not a fan of porridge" I looked at them.

"That's totally fine" Abeke chuckled.

We packed up and walked back to the prison bus-

I mean Immanuel's SUV.

We were back on our journey to hell. Its the second day. Yay, I'm so excited can't wait to see his wife. -_-

What would she even look like I wonder, maybe she's has wrinkles and her hair is always in a tight ass pony tail, or maybe she is this old woman with back problems and stuck in the past, or maybe she's a woman with a husband that never gave her an orgasm and she's jealous of lesbians. I'll put my bet on the last one, its definitely the last one.

The car stopped again, it was in front of a book store, we followed him like ducklings.

"Go look around, talk to people" He smiled.

"Really?" Abeke's eyes lit up.

"No, sit down, shut up, don't even make eye contact" He said as he left. What an asshole.

Was he constipated, cause he was taking pretty long in there, while we were waiting a girl came up to us.

"Hi I'm Amy, who are you guys?" She asked.

We just completely ignored her existence, she stood there for a while trying to get our attention but we didn't budge, I was not about to fight Immanuel while still being sore.

A couple minutes later Immanuel came back, walked towards her and paid her a hundred bucks.

"Thanks Amy did they talk to you?" He asked.

"I thought that I was invisible for a moment" She answered.

This fucking bitch and I was about to answer her, a fucking set up, can't trust a single fucking soul in this fucking world.

I'm so done with the human population.