fifty two

In the skies, somewhere between Hogsmeade and Hogwarts

Harry raised his wand and pointed at the Dementors.

"Expecto Patronum!", Harry yelled as a translucent light blue streak of light leaped out of the tip of his wand and formed the shape of a stag.

The appearance of the stag warded the Dementors off, but once it had dissipated, the Dementors charged back.

"I'll take care of them, just focus on getting us back to Hogwarts as fast as possible.", Harry told Draco.

He did what he was told and went full speed towards Hogwarts without stopping.

They soon reached Hogwarts, but Draco couldn't control the Firebolt last minute, causing them to crash in the middle of the bridge. The Firebolt was completely destroyed.

They, especially Draco, were bleeding from taking on the full force of the crash.

The two quickly picked themselves and wand up and tried to run, every single part of their bodies screaming in pain.

"Draco!", a voice boomed from behind them.

Draco's body froze in fear subconsciously, he knew that voice.

It belonged to the man whom he had petrified, it belonged to the man who had used violence to force respect, it belonged to the man whom he had once called his father.

Draco felt like a loaf of bread had been shoved down his throat as he turned around.

It was Lucius Malfoy.

Without a second thought, Draco stepped in between Harry and Lucius.

"Stupefy!", Lucius waved his wand to Draco.

Draco flinched, he couldn't bear to hold his own against Lucius again, although he thought he had no longer seen Lucius as his father.

"Protego!", Harry pushed Draco away, making him stumble backwards and fall. He then shot back with his wand.

"Draco, go. I'll handle him.", Harry said, but Draco's legs refused to move from where he was.

Lucius shot a spell at the duo again, but Harry countered it.

Seeing that Draco wasn't moving in fear, Harry chanted a protection spell. He stooped down to the same level of Draco and the Gryffindor pressed his lips against his roughly.

Time felt like it paused, like the whole world slowed down to the point where it felt like a dream.

Harry quickly pulled away.

"Draco, I love you and have always loved you since forever, but I don't want to lose you. I don't want to see another person I love die in front of me when I have the power to protect you."

The Slytherin was taken aback. "Draco.", Harry repeated.

"Run."

Draco couldn't process anything. Anything except the words 'I love you' and 'Run' that Harry had commanded.

As Harry stood back up, Draco quickly got back up and ran away, his mind in a daze. It felt like he was running through a blanket of haze.

The protection spell wore off, Harry pointed his wand at Lucius.

"That boy is a disgrace! Not only does he like a half-blood, but a male nonetheless. It was a mistake to consider him my son!", Lucius hissed as he shot the killing curse at Harry.

The green light that escaped from Lucius' wand was heading directly at him.