In My Head~23

-
If I had a dollar for my sins?
-

Rin had returned to her seat- Chenle's mixed emotions swirling within her along with her own

Rin had returned to her seat- Chenle's mixed emotions swirling within her along with her own. She stared at her hands as she tried to distinguish her feelings from his, and what the two of them were feeling in the first place. To her, Chenle seemed confused, nervous, and lonely, yet she was unsure that any of those were his, rather than her's.

Haechan was sitting quietly for once, and he clearly didn't know what to do or say to make the girl feel any better, so he just engulfed himself in the screen of his phone. Jaemin merely watched Rin warily, yet he couldn't tell what she felt, so he didn't know how to comfort his new-found friend.

Too many emotions crawled under her skin, and she didn't know how to process a single one, whether they were sensible or not. Something about Chenle was strange- he had hugged her back for a split second, before an icky feeling swallowed the both of them, a bit of regret mixing into her chest just before he pulled away, and she didn't know how to react.

Chenle felt a similar way; he had his knees to his chest as he leaned against a wall of his room, staring into oblivion as his own chaotic emotions whirled inside of him.

"He's not one for physical contact, don't take it personally," Jaemin murmured, and Rin didn't even spare him a glance.

"That's not it," She cooed, twiddling her fingers together, "People have rejected my hugs before, it's fine."

Jaemin's eyebrows scrunched together, and his eyes racked over her face, but no visible distress was staining her expression.

"Then what is it...?" He mumbled, and her eyes twitched up to him.

"When I hugged him, he felt guilty and panicked, but I could feel a spark of happiness- which is confusing me," Rin uttered, her eyes narrowing, "Does he have a girlfriend?"

"N-Not that I know of," Jaemin muttered, but he was a little taken aback by her words.

Donghyuk's eyes flickered upwards, pursing his lips together at a sudden thought.

"Back when I was in NCT U with him, he did," Haechan explained, and Rin's eyes drew to him, "He left the gang soon after, but we got reunited when I was placed in Dream too."

"What happened to her?" Rin prodded, feeling strangely curious about this girl.

Donghyuk hesitated, his lips parted, but unmoving as his eyes trailed up to Rin, and she awaited an answer- sitting on the edge of her seat.

"She-she died," Haechan said, his voice barely above a whisper.