fifty four - the actual end (sORRY)

Bridge to Hogwarts

The Slytherin forced his wand up once again.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!", Draco cried out as a flood of memories which he created with Harry within the few short weeks flashed in his mind in this last attempt.

He couldn't bear to lose Harry and the distinct memory of the Gryffindor's lips on his forced it's way through his mind.

A familiar blue stream of light burst out from his wand, but it was in a larger amount as compared to Harry's. The blue stream formed a dragon that covered the sky and glided towards Harry to protect him.

The Dementors were being repelled by Draco's patronus and it guarded them both.

Harry slowly opened his eyes, he wasn't dead.

Looking upwards, he saw a dragon patronus scattering the Dementors. Harry immediately snapped his head to Draco and understood what had happened. Gathering his energy, he stood up and hobbled to Draco as fast as he could.

Although Draco was doing his best, the amount of Dementors arriving and surrounding the school was much larger than the amount he was chasing away.

Harry stood rooted next to Draco and intertwined their hands.

Feeling at ease, Harry closed his eyes and chanted while lifting his wand, "Expecto Patronum!". The memories of his parents were now being replaced with his moments with Draco.

The next second when Harry opened his eyes, his Stag patronus was absent.

In its place was another dragon.

The two dragons, together, sent ripples in the skies that chased the remaining Dementors away.

After the situation had set in, Draco turned to Harry and hugged him tightly, trying to help support his weight and leaning his chin on his head. "Why did you do that?", he asked while almost bawling his eyes out.

"I don't want anyone to die for me..", Harry muttered with a tired smile.

"Do you think I'll want you to die for me?", Draco shot back as he pulled away. "I'll hate you so much if you ever dare leave me."

There was sounds of quickening footsteps before a voice was heard. "Welcome back, Harry and Dray! Nice hair, by the way.", it chirped.

Draco side eyed Pansy and he saw almost the whole school watching them from the entrance of Hogwarts.

Draco immediately pulled away from Harry, his face red, "You okay?", referring to Harry's ability to stand on his own. Harry nodded and also looked in the direction of Pansy, seeing the entire school and the eyes of its population behind her.

Snape apparated beside Pansy.

He stared at Draco and Harry, who seemed confused as to how he was able to apparate to them, then to their hands which were intertwined, and back to the two of them and their injuries.

"Parkinson, escort Malfoy and Potter to the Hospital Wing.", Snape commanded as he dismissed the three of them and reverted Draco's hair to it's previous platinum blonde state that Harry loved.

As the three of them walked towards Hogwarts with Harry limping, Snape stared down at Lucius, who was temporarily immobilized.

"And I will deal with you."

Hospital Wing

Some time later, after Harry and Draco got patched up and was getting ready to leave the Hospital Wing, Snape arrived.

"So,", Snape folded his arms, "Both of you are romantically involved?"

Draco grinned brightly and nodded.

Snape was taken aback, he had never seen Draco smile so happily before. Draco and Harry thought that they saw the edges of his lips curl up for a moment, but they weren't too sure.

"Oh,", Harry seemed to remember something. "Professor Snape, why did my patronus change? It used to be a stag, but it changed to a dragon, the same as Draco."

"Your patronus takes after your happiest memory, it changed because your happiest memory did.", Snape answered as his face softened, there was a smile and a pair of longing eyes on his face, in all it's glory.

Now they were really sure their eyes weren't playing tricks on them.

It was the first time that the two boys had ever seen Snape smile, wow. Draco looked down at Harry's hand and grabbed it.

As they walked out of the Hospital Wing, he beamed widely while whispering,

"I love you too, Harry James Potter."

- FIN -