°Skating Rink°

'Bails, I don't know if I want to go skating anymore' Kaycee admitted, biting her lips as she watched everyone professionally glide around the rink, some showing off as they performed pirouettes in the air.

'Oh, come on K. Don't be put off. It'll be fun' Bailey chirped, wobbling towards the entrance gate,  clad in fuzzy jackets and ice skating shoes.

'If you say so' Kaycee muttered, stumbling towards the entrance gate. She let out a heavy breath, holding onto a ledge before shakily walking on ice. She looked around for someone, just anyone who wasn't a talented ice skater but by the looks of it, she was alone.

'Come on, you slow poke.' Bailey giggled, skating around the petite brunette. Of course, Baileys not only a talented dancer, choreographer and artist. She's also good at ice skating, Kaycee thought to herself, clinging onto Baileys sleeve.

'So.. will you stop being a grumpy, old lady and start having some fun' Bailey joked, replacing kaycees grip on her sleeve with her hand. 'There you go. Slide, slide, push. You're getting the hang of it, K. Slide, slide, push' Bailey cheered, instructing Kaycee as she squealed in excitement.

'You're doing great' Bailey congratulated, trying to squirm her hand out of Kaycee's.

'No way, hozay are you letting go off me. If you do then I'll end up falling and dying' Kaycee vocalized, over dramatizing her statement. Bailey chuckled in amusement, nodding her head as she agreed nonetheless. 

'Okay, lets go faster now' Bailey shouted, gliding across the ice as she dragged a screaming Kaycee with her.

'Too fast. Too fast' Kaycee bellowed, flailing her arms around as she tried to pick up momentum and balance, but clearly the universe wasn't on her side. She stumbled forward, her hand catching the shoes of a person in front of her as the two faceplanted to the floor. Tiny ice bits sticking to their jackets.

'I'm so sorry. I hope you're okay. Geez, Kaycee. Get it together. I'm so sorry' she apologized over and over again, to the boy chuckling in front of her.

'Damn. You made me fall for you. The least I could do is buy you a bite to eat' he joked, standing up as he held out a hand for her to take. Kaycee didn't need to be told twice, standing up weakly praying to the gods above that she wouldn't fall back down.

'Thanks' Kaycee muttered, taking a good look at his appearance, which not going to lie made her nervous. He was wearing black sweats, a white hoodie topped off with a denim furry jacket. Great, he just has to be good looking, doesn't he? Kaycee scoffed mentally.

'So... like I said, a bite to eat?' He chuckled, a dimple-well more like dimples- appearing at the side of his lips.

'Sure. I just have to tell my friend first' Kaycee agreed, shakily glancing around for Bailey.

'If you're looking for someone with eyes for my best friend then she's there' the guy smiled, pointing Kaycee to no other than Bailey, twirling the ends of her hair with her finger as she flirted with whom she presumed was the boy's best friend.

'Oh, I'm Sean by the way. Sean Lew' he introduced himself, leading the two of them back onto normal ground.

'I'm Kaycee. And if you can't tell I'm a terrible skater' she giggled, sitting down on a bench while she removed the shoes which caused her all this misery.

'You call that bad? Trust me, I was a lot worse' Sean said, copying Kaycee's actions. He removed his last shoe, lifting it up as well as Kaycee's as he returned them back in the shelf. 'Come on let's get something to eat' he murmured, walking towards a mini restaurant, his hands stuffed inside his pockets.

'So, Kaycee. What else do you like to do apart from looking like a Goddess?' Sean complimented,  mentally dancing in the air as he saw the heat creep up onto her cheeks.

'Well, I'm a journalist.Just started actually' Kaycee started, glancing quickly over at the menu.

'Oh that's cool, must feel pretty amazing to be good with words' he chuckled, pulling the menu down from her face.

'Gosh, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure your good with words too, Mr. Pick-up lines' Kaycee giggled, her head thrown back in laughter.

'Whatever, let's just order' Sean waved off, smiling to the waiter as he ordered both their desired dishes.

'So, tell me about yourself. Where'd you come from? I promise I'm not a stalker'  Sean asked, head rested comfortably on his hands.

'Hmm. Well I'm from Simi Valley. But I moved here for university, and yeah' Kaycee explained, her eyes lighting up as she gawked at the giant milkshake presented in front of her. 

'I know right. They do the best and biggest milkshakes here' Sean smiled, admiring the girls shocked expression. Sean smiled appreciatevely at the waiter as he handed him his ice cream sundae, but unlike Kaycee's milkshake it was on the smaller end.

'Let's eat!' Sean exclaimed, spoon in hand as he dug into his creamy delicacy.

'This is amazing' Kaycee sighed, chocolate syrup smudged all over her lips. Sean laughed at the sight, licking his last spoon of the sundae before sitting back on his chair.

'Do you want some?' Kaycee asked, her mouth full off whipped cream. Sean contemplated for a bit whether he should accept her request, and deciding that he'd pay for her drink he took his spoon and scooped a dollop of whipped cream and milkshake.

He sighed in approval, leaning forward to get a closer look at the brunette's face. Her eyes holding that constant light, a dimple forming under it. Her lips tugged upwards in the most genuine and happiest smile he'd ever seen. Her cheeks a rosy tint of pink. Picture perfect, he thought.

'What?' Kaycee questioned, wiping her lips of any trace of syrup.

'Nothing. You're just cute' he replied, mentally slapping his forehead for allowing another stupid sentence to leave his mouth. But he kept his composure, smiling brightly at the girl.

'I think you're cute, too' she giggled, hiding any sign of giddiness she felt surge through her. Sean stretched his arm over the table, smiling when he felt the, girl place hers in his. The things a skating rink does to you.

AN| HEY GUYS 👋! HOW ARE YOU GUYS?

I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED THIS CHAPTER. THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR 250+ READS ON THIS BOOK. 24K READS ON 'GOT IT' AND NEARLY 7K ON 'CANT HELP FALLING IN LOVE'.

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX