Chapter 42 - FACING THE WALL

After a long and hard training session, Ryan and Alex put Jake to bed but warned him he would need to try much harder tomorrow.

The following day Alex returned with Tony this time. It was Ryan's day off and Tony's turn to help with Jake.

They ordered Jake into his army uniform and then took Jake outside and ordered him to do laps around the garden. But Jake could hardly move, his entire body ached. ''I can't do it'' he said ''I'm too tired and I'm in too much pain''

''DO IT NOW'' Tony yelled ''HURRY UP SOLDIER''' Jake started to jog but gave up after one lap and sat on the grass ''GET UP AT ONCE AND CARRY ON YOU LAZY SCUMBAG SOLDIER!'' Tony yelled, getting redder and redder in the face as his anger went up

''GO TO HELL MORONS'' Jake yelled back, pushed to his limits ''I CAN'T FUCKING DO IT OK, MY BODY CAN'T DO IT I NEED TIME TO RECOVER AFTER YESTERDAY OK''

''YOU CHEEKY COCKY LITTLE ASSWIPE, WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO?'' Alex yelled ''YOU DO NOT EVER TALK TO US LIKE THAT MAN''

''I'm sick of you'' Jake said calmly ''I wish you would just kill me already and end all this, I can't take anymore. I'm sorry I killed Liam but this is fucking ridiculous, you can't torture me forever, it's beyond a joke already and you're all nutters! You are the worst of them all Alex and you need help man, you belong in an asylum where they can monitor you and give you some treatment''

Alex and Tony were silent, they stood staring silently at Jake. Jake knew he had done it this time; he could never speak to Alex like that and not face serious consequences for it. Now the anger gave way to the fear that gripped Jake every time he knew he was about to face Alex's wrath. Alex terrified him

''Sir, I'm sorry'' he said, at last, seeing the look on Alex's face and knowing he was furious ''I'm sorry Sir I swear, I just lost control of myself for a moment. Please, Sir, have mercy''

''Come with me'' Alex said eventually, dragging Jake to his feet and marching him off into the house. Inside Jake was ordered back to the basement and Alex and Tony went down with him and told him to go and stand facing the wall, still wearing his army uniform

''Every day for a month you will get up every morning at 6 am and put on your uniform'' Alex said calmly ''After you have done that you will be given your breakfast and after that, you will stand facing the wall for 10 hours each day. At the end of the month, you will have a choice either to resume your training and try to be a good soldier or face the wall indefinitely. I am sure that after a month of staring at a wall every day, you will have had enough time to think and realize you have to change your attitude and you have to be a good soldier''

Jake stood at the wall and tried to imagine what 10 hours of this every day for 1 whole month were going to be like. Well just like he found out what writing 5000 lines with the wrong hand while tied to a chair felt like he was about to find out what this felt like too. He soon found out that time went on forever. When you had nothing else to do but stare at a wall a second felt like a minute and a minute felt like an hour and an hour felt like a day.