Chapter 44 - BETRAYAL

A few weeks passed and Jake stayed at the wall every day as Alex instructed. Days felt more like months, the time really went so slowly. One day Jake was at the wall and Ryan was supervising. Alex came to the basement and Jake and Ryan were surprised when Alex ordered him upstairs halfway through the 10 hours. Jake was even more surprised to find that Mandy had made one of her rare visits to the house and was waiting in the kitchen and Danny was nowhere to be seen. Why was she here if Danny wasn't here? Jake thought it seemed strange

''You will make lunch for Ryan, Mandy, and me'' Alex told him ''And just be grateful you are getting this break from the wall boy''

''Mandy how are you?'' Jake asked her ''How is Ellie?''

Mandy completely ignored him ''I do hope I won't have to wait too long for my lunch'' she said to Alex in a bitchy tone of voice ''I am very hungry''

''Please Mandy don't ignore me, I know you're upset with me but I'm glad I've seen you because I really wanted to ask how Ellie is, and will you please let me see her one time? I'd love to see her''

''SHE DOESN'T WANT TO SPEAK TO YOU SO JUST SHUT UP AND GET ON WITH MAKING THE LUNCH WILL YOU!'' Alex yelled at him

''No it's alright, I'll talk to him for a moment'' Mandy said ''let's see now, you would like to see Ellie right?''

''Yes right, please can I see her?''

''And why do you want to see her?''

''Because she is my daughter and I want to see her''

''But why now? You weren't all that interested before so why now?''

''I've had time to think now and I know I was wrong before, She is my daughter and I have to admit I do have feelings about her and I am curious and I want to see her and see what she looks like, I bet she's grown a bit since I last saw her''

Mandy smiled at Jake, but it wasn't a nice smile, it was that nasty bitchy smile he remembered when she was about to say something nasty. Like the smile she had when she threatened to tell Cindy and Jake's parents what a bad boy he had been when she knew he didn't want them to know about it ''Listen to me you trash'' She said to him in a very nasty tone of voice ''I will never ever let you see Ellie ok? As far as I'm concerned you are nothing to her and you have no right to see her ever''

Jake felt the tears prick his eyes but tried to hold them back from Alex, Mandy, and Ryan. No matter how bad he felt he never wanted these three monsters to see him cry

''Now that you have your answer get the fuck on with your job before I lose my temper'' Alex told him ''he three of us are hungry and we are running out of patience''

Jake made the lunch and he noticed how friendly Alex and Mandy were with each other. It seemed odd to him; something didn't seem right about it. Why was Mandy so friendly with Alex when it was Danny who she was seeing? Why was she even here with Alex when Danny clearly wasn't here?

Later on, Jake was put back at the wall and Ryan was supervising him again. Jake was still bothered about Mandy and Alex.

Mandy and Alex went to Alex's bedroom ''Are you sure it's a good idea to do this here?'' Mandy asked him as they got into bed together ''what if we get caught?''

''Relax, who will catch us? Alex replied ''we are in my bedroom and no one else will see us here and Danny isn't even here anyway''

Alex was too cocky and too careless, he had forgotten to lock his bedroom door first, thinking he wouldn't need to. But he should have locked it because while he and Mandy were busy in bed, all over each other, Danny arrived home and headed straight to Alex's room wanting to speak to him about something ''Bro, are you in here?'' he asked, walking straight in without knocking. This was a rude habit the Hawksworth brothers had been doing with each other since they were young kids. Usually, the worst that would happen from it would be they would catch each other wanking and there would be a bit of embarrassment and some yelling. But this time it was much worse, this time Danny caught Alex in bed with his fiancee.