°Letters°

'Hey' Kaycee greeted, taking a seat beside an Asian boy who had his head in his book.

'Hi! Kaycee, right?' He asked, closing his book as he gave her his full attention.

'Yup, that's me. And you're the Sean lew' Kaycee giggled, popping the last letter in the first word.

'Oh, the Sean Lew? What did I do to receive that grand title?' Sean chuckled, a dimple in a dimple appearing as his eyes lit up at the girl.

'Oh I dunno. Just went on a tour in Asia, won the title of Dance Battle Champions, and is know as the one of the best choreographers and dancers in America. Nothing major, though' Kaycee joked, zipping up her jacket when she realized that the radiators were turned off.

'Ah, I see.' Sean replied nonchalantly, as if he wasn't a world renowned dancer.

'So, you ready for class?' Kayce questioned, keeping their conversation rolling.

'Kinda. English is definitely not an easy subject' Sean sighed, clicking his pen up and down.

'It's fun though'

'Yeah totally, learning about grammar and tenses is so fun' Sean laughed, sarcasm laced in his voice.

'Whatever'

'So, what brings you here to Jaxon?'  Sean asked, leaning his face into the palm of his hands.

'My sister, she actually came here as well, and I wanted to follow in her footsteps but unlike her, I wanted to make my mom proud' Kaycee explained, sadness laced in her tone of voice.

'What do you mean?'

'My sister- she wasn't exactly the understanding kind of girl and when my mom told her that she was  going to study in Jaxon, she completely lost it. She began studying there anyways with her disapproval, and my whole family though that well, maybe she had finally came to her senses. But what we didn't know was that she was taking drugs, and cigarettes and all those nasty chemicals. It was only recently that we found out that she had been hospitalized, and the next thing we knew, we were standing outside her grave. I guess, nothing good lasts forever' Kaycee sighed.

'Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.' Sean murmured, uncertain on what to say next.

'But everything's fine, now. Kinda. I'm kinda just goibg with the flow and learning that everything happens for a reason' Kaycee sighed, curious as to why she even told Sean her sappy life story on why she chose to come to Jaxon, for university.

Sean hummed in response, scanning around the room to avoid awakwardness.

'Good morning, students. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Can everyone please open their textbooks to page 348, please?' The teacher announced, her glasses sitting on the point of her nose.

Every student shushed immediately, flipping through their textbooks before listening attentively to the teachers next requests. However, for Kaycee she completely zoned out, her eyes landing on a page worth a comprehension about death. Curious, she began reading rather than following the list of the teachers commands.

'Ms. Rice. Can you please read the next paragraph?' Ms. Osborne asked, peering through her glasses. 

'Uh-um yeah, of course' Kaycee replied, scolding herself for getting distracted as she searched for the right page.

'Ms. Rice? Can you read?' The teacher asked again, sitting back on her chair.

'There' Sean whispered, his pointer finger landing on the the beginning of the third paragraph.

'When writing a letter, you must be fully aware of the tone and formality you are using. For example, when writing a letter to your friend you would use common, day to day language. However when writing a letter to a professor, you would need to expand your vocabulary...' Kaycee read, sending a 'thank you' smile to Sean.

'Thank you, Ms. Rice. Now, as today's assignment. I would like everyone to write a letter to somebody. Anyone, of your choice. But... you must use the correct formality in your letter. You may start your homework now' the teacher explained, glancing at her watch. Everyone whispered to the person next to them, talking about who they'd write their letter to.

'Ooh, I'm going to write mine to Justin Bieber' one girl squealed, as everyone began chatting about various celebrities to write to.

'Who are you going to write to?' Sean asked, bringing Kaycee out of her trance.

'Uh-I don't know, yet. Probably to a friend or something' Kaycee murmured, a pen in hand as she began brainstorming for ideas. 'Oh, and by the way thank you for helping me' Kaycee remembered, her eyes filed with shyness and embarrassement.

'No problem' Sean muttered quickly, his hands working fast as he scribbled on his notebook.

'Who are you writing too?' Kaycee asked. He did ask me, so it's only fair I ask him back, she thought peering over his shoulder.

'I'm writing to my future self. I know it sounds cheesy and all, but it'll be nice to look back on it, so yeah' Sean chirped, smiling at the petite girl seated beside him.

'Oh, that's cool. At least you've got an idea on who to write too. I'm completely clueless' Kaycee giggled, massaging her temples for any sort of quick light bulb.

'I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but why don't you write a letter for you're sister, you know. tell her about your life and how schools going for you and all'  Sean suggested.

'That's actually a really good idea' Kaycee said, nodding her head in agreement. She began scrubbing down notes, tapping her chin every now and then for any new ideas. 

'Dear Kylie...' her letter started.

'Hey, Kaycee' Sean called, boring the inside of his lips.

'Yeah, you okay?'

'Yeah, um. You know the way you said nothing good lasts forever...' Sean asked, hesitantly. Kaycee nodded her head, telling him to continue. 'Well, um- I know we don't really know each other that well, but..can I be your nothing?' Sean smirked cutely, his cheeks tinted with a rosy pigment. Kaycee giggled at him, leaning into him as she croaked out an 'of course'.

'Well, get back to work, Ms. Rice' Sean chortled, fluffing his hair.

Dear Kylie, I miss you. That's probably the easiest thing to say right now...

AN| HEY GUYS! HOW ARE YALL? 👋

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! IT KINDA WAS A TAD BUT RUSHED BUT AH WELL.

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX