Chapter 9: The Parents

"And who's this?" Xavier's mom asked as she looked over at me with a small smile on her face. Now I knew where Xavier got his smile. She was absolutely gorgeous, their genes are blessed.

"Mom, dad I already told you about my mate, Emma. Look at her isn't she even better in person" Xavier introduced me. I tried to hide the smile from appearing at my face as soon as I heard those words. 

"Finally and she is gorgeous" His mother exclaimed giving a tight hug to Xavier excitedly.

"Hi, Mrs. and Mr. Anderson" I said awkwardly. What the hell do I do? I've never met parents like this and worse, the ones of my mate. I am so not prepared for this, I should've bought a "how to meet the parents for dummies". 

"Oh, please call me Amelia, we don't deal with those formalities since we gave Xavier the Alpha position. This idiot over here is Harry" She said pointing to her mate. I could totally feel the love they had for each other. Note the sarcasm.

"I said I was sorry Ames" Harry exclaimed, wrapping his hands around her waist, trying to pull her in for a hug. And she let him but she didn't seem happy with him at all.

"What did dad do now?" Xavier asked in amusement. I guess this is normal for them.

"We had pizza from Sorrento's a couple of nights ago and we split it evenly but I left 2 slices so I could reheat them yesterday but when I went to reheat them. Someone had already taken them" Amelia said glaring at Harry.

I look at Xavier and he mouthed to me 'all the time'.

"Oh come on, it's just food. I was hungry and it was there so I took it" Harry exclaimed before he breathed in deep.

That was a big mistake. Even I was offended by that. I don't imagine what shes thinking. Amelia looked at Harry in shock before holding up her hand and walking over to me.

"Come on, let's go to the living room. I want to get to know you and how you're feeling, I know this can be overwhelming at times." She said walking over to a table while everybody followed her. Amelia looked at me when she saw everyone behind us and rolled her eyes. She grabbed me softly by the arm and whispered in my ear "these guys don't get the hint of a private conversation. We'll have it later honey then we can really talk". As she left my side she winked at me.

She was really that kind of comforting person, I really feel comfortable with her. Like with my mother, that's what she has, an overwhelming mother warmth. It was lovely.

Amelia and Harry took the seats in front of Xavier and me and Lana sat beside Amelia. It felt like an interview really.

"Anyways let's get to the basics then. How old are you, Emma?" She asked looking at me.

"I turned 17 last month" I answered as I felt Xavier put his hand on my knee. I wanted to put my hand on top of his but then I remembered I was supposed to be mad at him or not exactly mad at him per se but not giving entirely to him is a start. I got to stand my ground a bit.

"Oh how time flies, that age still feels like yesterday. By that time I was already pregnant with Xavier" She said dozing off, probably remembering.

"How old are you now?" I ask Amelia. Oh my god, who the hell asks someone their age. Some people take offense at that. I'm so stupid.

She smiled at me and looked at Harry. Thank God, she isn't one of those people. Damn I'm dumb. I should think this things through.

"I'm 36 and Harry here is 37" She said wiping her hands with her shirt.

Amelia has long white hair and soft brown eyes and Harry also has brown hair and kind of grey colored eyes. I don't know the exact color they are just a mystery. Amelia's beautiful white hair is what intrigued me. I couldn't tell if it was natural or dyed. It still looked gorgeous. It was that type of platinum that people always want to achieve but rarely do.

"How did Xavier get his blonde hair?" I blurt out.

Emma seriously shut your mouth.

"We don't know" Harry shrugged.

"Yeah, and we also don't know how he got his green eyes. The genetics on my son always intrigued me " Amelia said observing Xavier.

"Amelia, am I really Xavier's dad?" Harry asked her with an exaggerated gasp.

"Well I don't know, it might be Isaac's or Tyler's" She faked confusion as she started rubbing her head like in the movies.

"Every time" Lana whispered with her head resting on her hands. From Xavier's and hers reaction I could tell they actually did that a lot. That's the exact reaction I have when my dad cracks the joke about some pasta every time he meets someone knew.

Harry and Amelia started laughing together making me crack a smile. This is what I wanna be like in 20 years.

I sneaked a glance at Xavier to see him staring back at me. He softly puts his hand on the side of my face making me lean into it.

Damn it, standing my ground is really difficult in moments like this.

Xavier opened his mouth to say something but stopped when that one god damn annoying voice interrupted him.

"Xavier where are you?" Jessica yelled, entering the room.

"Oh my god this bitch is everywhere" Amelia groaned.

I laughed at that. I love his mother already.

"Oh there you are, with the poor excuse of a whore" She said looking at me in disgust. Oh it seems like someone had some kind of short term memory, she knows I can take her. Bring it on bitch.

That's when everyone in the room alerted themselves and I stood up in a hurry. I stopped myself before, this time I'll stop just a tiny bit later. After I had already gotten this anger out of my body, she'll heal she won't die.

Xavier however ruined my plans cause he had stood up first and pushed me behind him, making Lana hold me down. Everyone knew that kind of disrespect was not appreciated anywhere.

Xavier was now yelling to Jessica talking about respect and the consequences inside the pack it will have that she should already know. He stopped yelling for a second when she started crying fake tears like seriously I could see that from here.

But that made Xavier hesitate for a second, and that second was long enough for her to stand in her fingers and plant her dirty ass mouth on my mate's.

Before I kiss him again I am making sure he washes that mouth with Listerine and Clorox just to get that disgusting scent of her out of him. It might burn a bit but we're wolves so he'll just heal, eventually. 

I was seeing red, I swear that everything that entered the light into my retinas they were filtered by my pure anger. This level of disrespect crossed a new chapter and I will not let it slide this time. Not only did she dare insult me and basically threaten to take MY mate away from me, but she actually kissed him. In front of his family, in front of me. Just thinking about it made my blood was boiling. 

Xavier stepped back and wiped his lips with his hand. That isn't enough, trust me.

My wolf and I were both furious. I haven't even been this mad in forever. Coming from a person who was almost raped, harassed and forcefully claimed.

I guess that I lost that fear that has held me down for these past few years. Since I ran away I've felt this kind of freedom that I haven't felt before.

Since that last panic attack when I thought about the Luna position, the ideas has kind of buried itself deeper into my brain and I have grown to it. I hadn't thought about it until now.

So maybe just maybe thinking that I'm probably going to be a Luna was the one reason I did the one thing that I promised myself not to.

I shifted.

Yeah, I know. I'm stupid but someone needs to get their lesson and this one is on me to give it.

"Love is... Putting someone else's needs before yours"

- Frozen