xx.

CHAPTER TWENTY.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurentperspective

---

"STOP THAT. IT'S way too early for you to be in a good mood." I groan, narrowing my eyes at Kota who was smiling way too brightly for me. I bet even the sun was jealous of his brightness.

"It's past two o'clock in the afternoon, Annie." Kota snorts, rolling his eyes at me.

"That's still early," I mutter as I lean back on the chair, looking around the nearly empty room. It didn't seem like the teacher would come in since the class started twenty minutes ago. Some people in the class had left since there was absolutely nothing to do.

In this academy, teachers are either early, on time, or don't come at all.

"Should we just go outside?" Kota sighs, resting his jaw on his hands as he stares outside the window.

"But it's so cool here and it's too hot out there." I groan, frowning at him as I lean my head on the table.

"There's the breeze outside, it's gonna be fine," he insists, tapping my head before he starts shaking my shoulders.

"Go alone," I mutter, slapping his hand off my shoulder.

"No. We're meant to be together in life and death, you aren't leaving me alone." Kota frowns as he starts to pull on my hand.

"You wanna burn in hell with me?" I muse, glancing at Kota with a small smirk.

Kota chuckles, shaking his head, "I think you will be the one burning and ruling hell so I might as well be on your good side."

I furrow my eyebrows, "Is this why you're being nice to me? So you won't burn in hell and will be protected by my wrath. I'm offended."

Kota squints his eyes, thinking for a few seconds before he opens his mouth, "That could be one of the reasons."

"What's one of the other reasons?" I glance at him.

He looks into my eyes before smiling and shaking his head, "You're one of the truest people I've met. I had a hard time trusting people because they all looked genuine but they just wanted to use me and my wealth. It feels terrible, you know. You just feel like you're only accepted because of your money," he mumbles, throwing me a small smile.

I feel so horrible for hiding my identity.

I smile back at him, "I think you'll feel better when I tell you that I never had any friends except one girl. People never liked me and I didn't give a shit if they did or not."

"Let me guess you were too good for them?" Kota chuckles, shaking his head with a grin.

"Oh, yes. They were way below my level, they couldn't reach me so they tried dragging me now." I chuckle at the thought of all the things I did to the people in my previous schools.