Chapter 2

^ Do I even need to say anything here?

"Mr. Dominico wants to see you." Anna hurriedly spoke, her calm demeanor withering away the longer I stayed silent and unmoving. I wondered whether she seemed this worried for herself or for me. I couldn't tell.

Perhaps, she was worried for us both. Anna had probably spent much time with Vincenzo and I wondered what kind of things did she see with her time with him that she was this frantic right now. It hadn't been long since she left me alone in this room for me to rest.

I didn't know when Vincenzo had arrived back to his house, perhaps, the same time Anna had left me alone. Now, he wanted to see me. Did he just want to see me or was he going to start our lessons already? Was he really going to start our lesson when I had just now arrived at his home?

It seemed unlikely. He probably just wanted to see me and greet me, any person would do so if they had a guest over. Was I a guest for him or an apprentice? What was he thinking about me right now?

Probably that I was slow as fuck since I was taking so long to go upstairs after he had called for me.

"He doesn't like waiting, Ms. Castro." Anna gulped audibly, snapping me out of unending train of nerve wrecking thoughts.

"Oh," Was all I managed to croak out and cleared my throat, standing up from the bed.

Anna left the room and I brushed my hands over my shirt as a miserable attempt to straighten the wrinkles from it. I was dressed in the simplest clothes in existence. A loose plain red shirt tucked into my light blue mom jeans that I rolled up slightly from the bottom paired with black combat boots; the only shoes I wore majority of the time.

I ran a hand through my hair and frowned at how I was behaving. It's not that big of a deal. You're like his student, you'll learn your shit and then leave, I told myself.

With that thought, I left the room and made my way upstairs. I ignored the heavy pumping of my heart as I turned towards the modernized and spacious lounge. There, my eyes landed on the muscled back of a man who sat on a bar stool, the man most probably being The Vincenzo Dominico.

Turn around, I felt myself silently pleading, my curiosity tearing at me, begging to see what exactly the so called handsome leader of the Italian Mafia looked like.

As an attempt to make him turn around and notify him of my presence, I loudly cleared my throat. I knew I succeeded because then I heard him placing down a glass.

Vincenzo Dominico twisted on his stool and turned to face me. I think I heard something drop and a part of me was certain that it was most likely my jaw because holy sweet mother of chocolates was he beautiful.

I was wrong about him. Completely. Entirely. Utterly wrong.

He was beautiful beyond belief and imagination. The kind of beautiful that would have every girl who laid eyes on him swooning over him, falling to her knees for him. He must make the gays go mad and if be surprised if he didn't. If it wasn't for my pride, I would've fallen to my knees for him as well.

He looked at me with his electric blue eyes, his black hair a mess over his head with a few strands falling over his forehead. His 5 o'clock shadow gave him the young yet rugged look that suited his line of work the best. His full lips were pulled upward from one corner and I realized he was smirking at me, knowing that I was stunned by his immensely good looks.

Save yourself, Rosa. Save yourself, I quickly told myself, inner me panicking.

"You called for me." I started, my arms at my sides and the fact that they were doing nothing was irritating me which was why I crossed them over my chest. When Vincenzo quirked an eyebrow at me did I realize how it must have seemed like I was showing an attitude even though I wasn't.