A family pt.2

Jahlil POV

"Your father is here."

"What do you mean my father is here?" I scrunch my face up in disbelief.

"He wants to meet you." She has this look of guilt on her face.

"He left. For nineteen years. And now he wants to meet me?" I stand up ready to go back to my room.

To think I could've been getting fucked right now and here she come with the bullshit.

"He didn't leave." She blurts out stopping me in my tracks.

"What?" I turn around to look at her.

"H-he didn't know about you. Because I didn't tell him." She says guilt written all over her face.

I feel my heart drop.

As fucked up as it sounds, I'm not surprised.

My mother never went into detail about what happened with my dad. Just that things weren't good between them and he left.

I always held a slight resentment towards him. I always thought 'who leaves their pregnant girlfriend all alone over a few simple arguments.

Even after that deep down I've always felt this longing for him. My mom always buried herself in her work as a distraction from life and I never felt that love a child gets from their parent. It's crazy how you can miss something you never had.

But he never even knew about me. He left HER.

Something in me suddenly snaps at the thought. She's the reason why I never got to meet my dad. She's the reason he never got to meet me. She kept us apart. All to protect her image.

"You selfish bitch." I grit out.

She gasps and a look of shock crosses her face.

"Jah-I AM YOUR MOTHER!" Malachi starts but she interrupts him.

"NO. A mother puts her child well being before her own. A mother would take the time to be with their son and not be out partying with your social club. A MOTHER WOULDNT KEEP SON AWAY FROM HIS FATHER TO PROTECT HER IMAGE!!" I scream the last part and soon hear cries upstairs.

"I got him." Malachi says heading upstairs.

He can differentiate between the way our babies cry so he always knew which one it was. Even if they were in a different room.

He's such a good father.

I gotta marry him for real.

I look over and see my mom wiping her eyes.

"That's really what you think of me?" Her voice cracks at the end.

"Is my dad here?" I ask bluntly.

I don't have time for her bullshit honestly. She knows that's exactly how I feel or I wouldn't have said the shit. I might have meant to stay calm because my babies were asleep but these hormones got me all fucked up.

Speaking of fucked up I could've been getting dick right now. It still bothers me.

"Jahlil." Im pulled out of my thoughts by a deep voice.

I look towards the door to see a y'all darkskin man standing at the door.

Damn I must've been thinking hard as fuck to not see or hear him come in here.

"D-dad?" I stutter.

I've dreamed about this moment for forever. And now that it's here I'm in complete shock.