Javier Escuella: Not With Them

Javier Escuella & Daughter Reader

Summary: When forced to choose a side when the gang collapses, your father appears make a ridiculous mistake. Will he realise before it's too late? Will he choose to do the right thing?

Word Count: 2600

The camp at Beaver Hollow was near empty but the gang members who had remained were packing up to move on, knowing there wasn't much time before you were chased out.

"Get them bags packed up quick, Miss Grimshaw. C'mon, all of you" Micah continued with his orders.

"We're doing our best" Miss Grimshaw rolled her eyes at him as she passed.

"Since where did you start running things around here anyway?" you asked with a huff, getting the man's attention.

"Since Dutch realised I'm the only one with any sense, Miss Escuella" Micah told you.

"Well, if you ask me, I'd say that neither of you have any sense any more" you crossed your arms over your chest.

"Well it's a damn good thing nobody asked you" Micah snarled as he stepped towards you, attempting to threaten you.

Your father, Javier, was on guard duty. If he had been in the camp, he would have threatened Micah for getting so close to you or speaking down to you like that. He would have never allowed it.

"Jódete, cabrón" you spat but this only earned a glare from him, making you smirk because he didn't understand.

"Hurry up, we ain't got long" Micah told you, turning to leave.

"We just got plenty of time, Micah" Arthur assured him as he rode into the camp. You rolled your eyes at the blonde outlaw and continued to help pack up the camp.

Arthur started talking but you just wanted to finish up and move out before anything bad happened, there was already a bad feeling swirling in your gut. You were only half listening but when Arthur called Micah and his two strange friends 'rats' your interest peaked.

"Seems old Micah was pretty close with Milton" Arthur spoke and your brow furrowed in confusion as you placed down the crate that you were packing.

"What the hell are you talking about, cowpoke?" Micah asked, glaring at the other man.

"You talked" Arthur accused.

"That's a goddamn lie" Micah snarled.

"Dutch-" Arthur because but was cut off.

"Dutch...think of the future" Micah turned to Dutch, trying to get into his head again.

"Milton told me" Arthur told the gang leader, who looked like he was pretty lost about what to do.

"And you believe him?" Micah asked with a scoff.

"He's more trustworthy than you" you reminded him as you crossed the camp, moving to stand beside Arthur. You turned to face Micah, Bill, Cleet and Joe and you just knew that the gang was about to split down the middle. In that case, you had clearly chosen your side.

"Just don't know how to keep you're mouth shut do ya?" Micah asked, glaring at you.

"It all makes sense now" Arthur said and you were inclined to agree with him. You glanced around the camp but saw that your father was nowhere to be seen, he needed to come and see what was going on.

"No...it damn well doesn't" Micah spoke and suddenly everyone was drawing their guns, including you.

You could barely believe your eyes when John came stumbling, bleeding, into the camp. Was all of this really happening? He, rightly, accused Dutch of leaving him for dead, while the older man just denied it or made excuses.