Home Sweet Home • Sarah

1255 word count

Y/n's P.O.V

I got out of my mom's car and took in the scent of  salt water and sand. Home sweet home. After 4 years of living in Hawaii I was back in the Outerbanks.

*Flashback to 4 years ago*

"I'm gonna miss you" Kiara told me giving me a hug. "I'll miss you too" I said doing our handshake. "Don't forget us" John B says hugging me. "She could never" JJ says with tears in his eyes.

"Promise?" Pope says holding out his pinky. "I promise" I said locking it.

*Present*

I was 12 when I left now i'm 16. I lived in the cut back them. My parents wanted a better life for me so we moved to Hawaii so they could get a better job and more money.

Once they got enough to buy a house in figure 8 they were eager to move back and so was I. There wasn't a day when I missed the pogues.

I didn't text the pogues that I was coming back. We used to keep contact but we kind of drifted. I was scared they were gonna hate me since I was now becoming a kook.

Hawaii treated me good. I used to look like a door when I was younger. It was sad since all the other girls around me went through puberty already. I was a little late. But trust me after a few years it hit me like a truck. The constant swimming and sports that kept me active and I stopped wearing makeup which helped my skin a lot.

I was finally happy with who I was. I also got my braces off. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't recognize me. I changed a lot and for the better.

I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to clear my mind and let it all soak in. I grabbed a black bathing suit and ripped shorts and a off the shoulder crop top and put my sunglasses and headed out the door.

"I'll be back later mom love you" "love you too sweetie don't be out too late" She yelled.

A lot has changed since I got back. Hurricane Agatha had hit, so the home I once knew was a little rusty. I wasn't used to seeing all the houses the kooks lived in. I missed living in the cut all the memories made me who I am today. "Hi! You're my new neighbor I think" I heard as someone tapped my shoulder.

I turned my head and it was Sarah Cameron. The Sarah Cameron. She didn't change one bit. She used to tease me when I was younger. I gave her a small smile.

"I don't think we have met yet" She says giggling as she put her hand out. I shook it and said "Oh trust me we have" I tell her rolling my eyes laughing. She gave me a confused look, "Y/n Y/l/n" I tell her winking. "Damn" she whispers.

"Like what you see babe" I laughed. She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside her house. "Listen y/n i'm so sorry for how I treated you when we were younger" she says with a frown on her face. I can tell by her expressions she truly meant it.

Sarah's P.O.V

I used to like Y/n. I was being mean to her because I was trying to hide my feelings. I thought it was disgusting that I was a girl and I liked a girl so I ignored it by being mean to her. And here she is as hot as ever.

Y/n's P.O.V

"It's okay we were kids" I say. "Friends?" she asks smiling. "Friends" I replied smiling back.

"Quick question, you were friends with the pogues right?" She asks. "Yea" I say confused. "Well im friends with them now and since you're back I'm sure you would want to see them" I didn't have time to process the fact that a kook was friends with the pogues. I shook my head eagerly smiling.

She drove to John B's and we got off. "Shh we can surprise them" She tells me. "Get behind me" I do as she says and get behind her . We walk in and I immediately see the whole group but they couldn't see me. They all looked the same just older and some hotter.

"I have a surprise" Sarah giggles. I laugh quietly. "Who's the chick" JJ says seeing only my hair.
Sarah moves out of the way and shows me. I smile lightly. They looked confused as if they didn't know who I was.

"You guys promised we wouldn't forget eachother I'm Y/n Y/l/n" I say laughing. "Holy Shit" Pope says as all of their jaws drop. "You're hot" JJ says as John B hits him.

Kiara was the first to run to me. "I missed you" she whispers. Everyone else joined the group hug after that.

A few minutes later we were all sitting on John B's porch. "Well we were about to head out on the boat wanna come" John B asks. "Of course" I respond.

We all hopped on the boat and went to the middle of the marsh.

"Anything new?" Pope asks. I scoff "A lot actually" I say to him. "You don't even look like how you did when we last saw you" John B says sipping his beer.

"Puberty hit her like a truck and ran over her 10 times" Kiara says bumping my shoulder. "Not that you weren't gorgeous before but now you're like drop dead gorgeous" Sarah says smiling.

I turn to her and smile back. "Thanks for boosting my ego guys" I giggle. "So are you single?" JJ asks. "JJ" Pope says. "I am actually" "Yes" I heard him say under his breath. "So I have a chance?" Sarah says. "Obviously" I say winking towards her.

She just giggles and starts drinking her beer. I was openly bisexual and everyone knew that. What Sarah said was stuck on my mind on replay. She was joking but I kinda always had a thing for her.

"What are we waiting for let's get in the water" Pope says jumping in. They all jump in after him and I just observe them. "Come on hun are you getting in" Sarah asks from the water.

I just nod and take off my top and shorts. Once again I made everyone speechless. Puberty really did it's magic. "Take a picture it'll last longer" I say while I jump in.

"That was hot" Sarah tells me as I rise above the water. "I can confirm that" JJ says laughing.

I blush at all there comments and we just swim for awhile. I decided to get back on the boat since I was tired of swimming. "Hey y/n" Sarah says as she hops on. "Hey Sarah" I smile at her.

She sits right next to me and brushes her hand against mine. I automatically feel goosebumps rise above my skin.

"You know I meant what I said" She whispers. "Meant what?" I ask confused. "Do I have a chance with you" My face instantly goes pale. "I mean um yeah" I tell her nervously. "Good" she says placing her hand on top of mine as I give her a weak smile.

Talk about a glow up lmao. I hope you guys enjoyed this one muah love you leave comments and please vote it would mean a lot