S

-killed eighteen people last year-

-still no cure found for Malimplagax-

-several new strains found-

-extremely rare disease, but still has a 100% death rate-

Jungkook scrolled through his phone, reading the headlines of articles written on the disease he just found out he has.

His parents had tried to keep it a secret from him for as long as possible, but he had a right to know, and the doctor finally admitted he had an incurable disease that was making his body attack itself, shutting down all his organs and brain activity one by one.

He was estimated he had less than a week to live.

That was, unless this highly experimental new surgery worked.

It had only been tried once, on a boy in America last year. It had seemed to work, he was still alive and well today.

The only problem was that it was extremely expensive. His parents could never afford it, they would be in incredible debt for the rest of their lives. Jungkook didn't think banks even gave out loans that high.

He didn't care, though. He would be sad his parents would be sad at losing another son, but they still had each other, and Holly, and Jungkook could see his big brother Yoongi again.

He already felt like he was dead anyways.

The door opened and Taehyung raced in, eyes sparkling and wide.

"What are you so happy about?" Jungkook still had to tease him, even though he was literally on his deathbed.

Taehyung leaped onto the bed beside him, despite the numerous scoldings he had gotten from the nurses for doing so.

"They're doing it!" He said excitedly.

Jungkook was confused. "Who is doing what?"

"Your parents!" Taehyung kissed his cheek. "They're doing the surgery for you!"