39. Broken Hearts

At some dark points of our life we are forced to make a few choices for ourselves and if at that point we choose to go along with someone else's choice, then life will become a hell.

And Chitra is at such a point, if her heart had a voice it would be screaming loud saying that her husband, Arjuna will never do that. He can never, but her brain was telling her Something else, what if he actually ordered the abortion of their child? What if he had no trust in her? Is Rajamatha not the mother whom she was portraying as?

All she needs is a disagreement from Arjuna and she will believe him, blindly, no words will matter other than his. Just a no from his mouth and she melt straight in his arms, for Arjuna is a righteous king, he will never lie.

When emotions take over your heart and soul that is when you lose the war, you will lose a chance, a chance of winning this war of your overwhelming emotions and finding the truth.

Her heavy feelings of loss and betrayal were eating her up, not even she found out that Meenamma was behind her kidnapping had she felt this deep sense of betrayal. Is it possible to have such heavy feelings for a man in such a short period of time? Maybe the long line of red sindoor in her hairline had something to do with it.

Due to the heavy dose of the medicines she took her eyes felt heavy and droopy. Chitra layed on the heart pillow wiping the flow of tears on her cheek and just like that in seconds Chitra fell into an unconscious state of sleep.

Long warm fingers were caressing her cheek, the touch was so feathery and light making her bend a little to have more of it. A familiar musky smell engulfed her as she slowly opened her eyes.

"I am here, my love." Arjuna said, bending forward pecking her lips and Chitra felt content, those soft lips on hers almost made her forget all the pain she worries. Almost.

He pushed her hair behind her ear and Chitra snapped out the trance and pushed his hand away.

"Don't!" Chitra said, her expression turning stoney and frustrated.

"Chi-"

Chitra raised her palm up, indicating him to stop and he obliged, his expression turned to the one of guilt making Chitra's heart race in fear.

"What happened to my child, Arjuna?" She asked, looking straight in his eyes, the acusion and anger clear in her voice.

And Arjuna's heart broke into a thousand pieces hearing her tone, she will never forgive him but had to take that decision to save her, he won't be able to survive without her!

" I can explain, plea-" Once again Chitra paused his talk as she spoke.

Her lips shivered and her eyes filled up with tears as she slowly said those cruel words Arjuna never wanted to listen, " Did you kill our child?"

The world paused around him, did he? Arjuna questioned himself, did he kill his own child? It was a miscarriage in a case but he had a deadly option, he couldn't chose that loose both of them.

All the broken pieces of soul in him died when he saw Chitra's expression, disgust, it was clearly carved on her face. Her beautiful expressions moulded in pain as tears slipped from her eyes.

"I think I did." Arjuna replied, dying in his own guilt.

Her eyes widened listening to his words and she pushed him backwards placing her both hands on his chest, Arjuna stumbled on the bed as he rested his weight on his left elbow and Chitra stepped down from the bed, running outside the chambers holding her broken pieces of heart.

***

Days passed away and soon those days turned into dreadful weeks and Chitra never forgave Arjuna. The invisible wall around them could be seen and sensed by the stupidest of stupid people. Arjuna buried himself in dealing with the country issues as after the war both Devampura and Ramapur were won by Abhiras.