11| We're Young

Started writing on 6th June 2020.
Completed on 10th June 2020.
Word count : 2418 words
____________________________

– D I V Y A –

Mom and I were busy in taking a glance of the new house. I loved it! The walls were emphasised with the shades of navy blue, black, white, and a dark greyish shade. It looked more like a glass house from the amount of glass used in furnishing and windows.

In one word it was— breathtaking!

"I guess you like the house." Mom said.

"Yes. But mom, were we, Ayaan and I disturbing you there?"

"What do you think? In a way you both were....." She folded her hands in front of her chest, "Look, we want to give you both some privacy."

"But mom-"

"No buts. You know, when I and Nayan were young, we always wanted to spend most, no all of our time with each other. We craved for each other. We used to spend almost all our time in work and after coming back to our room, we hugged each other tightly." She said and I cringed.

I don't want to hear what happened in their bedroom!

For God's sake, they're my in-laws!

"I know how it feels when you stay away from your husband for a long time. Even minutes feels like days, that's why we want you and Ayaan to live together without any disturbance. Also, I heard some noise from your room last night. We really don't want to compromise with our sleep. That's why." She teased before hugging me.

She thinks we both....

But only we know what's happening in our room.

What noise was she talking about? Oh, she must've heard me giggling last night when that egg tickled me. I'm ashamed just because of him. Mom thinks that! Shit!

"I'll miss you mom." I said as I knew there is no point in arguing with her about this house now. No one can win from mothers. Not even Avengers!!

"There's nothing to miss. We live in the same city. We can meet each other frequently." She laughed, "And, Divya?"

"Yes?"

"I think we should get ready to play with our little grandchildren. What do you think? Should I start making sweaters?" Mom asked with a mocking look on her face. Grandchildren?!

Who will have children with him? I don't want my children to be fool! I need to answer mom too, right? Dear Divya, please dont act like a shy daughter in law.

"Mom, I think we're not ready. Don't you think it's too early? We're young!" I said and she looked at me with disbelief.

"No, you aren't. You both are twenty six. When I was at your age, I already had Ayaan in my hands." She read my face and sighed, "Okay, it's your life, do what you both want to do. Today's youth! We are eagerly waiting for the good news." She whispered and said the last line in joy.

××

Finally a bed which is fully mine!

There was no need for me to sleep on the floor or couch now. Hush! So, we'd be living in different rooms and had already settled most of our essentials. My room is really my type. It had the walls of my favourite colour combination— turquoise, lavender, beige and grey.