Mr. Right? | 29

KAIRO 

"Kairo, move to the left a little!" Alexander called out. 

"It's dark, I can't see shit!" I called back, frustrated. "Can we take a break? I'm tired."

"We haven't even started yet!" he shouted in response, shaking his head at me before taking his position and crouching down a little. I simply stood in my position without moving an inch because in all honesty, I had no idea what to do.

And then he placed the ball a few feet away from him, did a run-up and kicked. 

Guess what I did?

Nothing.

The ball entered the goalpost and hit the net, and I gave Alexander a stupid grin, "Nice one." He narrowed his eyes at me in what I could only decipher as disappointment and made his way over to where I stood before grabbing the ball from the ground, "Why did I even ask you for help? I could've just used a scarecrow instead."

"Because I'm hot," I stated bluntly. 

"I'm not going to argue with facts," he winked before setting the ball on the ground and stretching his legs out a bit. I stood there with a blank expression on my face and narrowed my eyes at him, "You flirt too much, you know that?"

"I'm not flirting, I'm just stating facts," he responded with a shrug. "But if you want me to flirt, I-"

"Shut up," I whined, stomping my foot on the ground like a toddler - my reason behind doing so was because every single time this cheeky little bastard attempted to flirt with me, he'd leave me in a state of confusion. Ever since I'd bumped into him, I'd been questioning my entire existence. 

Firstly, I came to terms with the fact that I never even liked Alexandria in the first place and it was just some stupid obsession due to hormonal changes, maybe? Secondly, I didn't even know if I was really straight anymore. But I have a good reason. How do you expect me to be straight when a man like Alexander Rhodes exists? That's right, you can't. Finally, every single time I was near him I found myself feeling a little strange. More than a little, actually - and in all honesty, it scared me.

Mainly because I didn't know what my feelings were. I didn't know what they meant - or maybe I did know. Maybe I was just too afraid to admit it.

Amidst my thoughts, I ended up tripping over my own shoe-lace and began to fall face-first down onto the ground. I awaited in agony for the impact that would follow - and guess what? It came. What, did you think Alexander was going to catch me mid-fall? Funny, I had thought so too. But, I ended up landing flat on the ground and I'm pretty sure I ended up injuring my nose in the process. 

With a groan, I rolled over onto my back and furrowed my brows at Alexander who simply stood and stared down at me with an amused expression on his face, "What are you looking at?" 

"How did you even fall from just standing still?" he questioned, tilting his head down at me.

I disregarded his question and huffed, "Why didn't you catch me?"

"Why did you fall?" he snorted before extending his arm out for me to take. I examined his hand for a brief moment before swallowing my pride and holding onto it so he could pull me up. "Are you hurt?"

"Yes, I'm hurt that you didn't catch me," I joked playfully. 

He tilted his head at me in confusion as if he were contemplating something and he let out a soft hum, "Okay, let's take a break. Wanna lead the way to the bleachers?"

I gave him a suspicious look before beginning to make my way over to the bleachers - however, in the process of doing so, Alexander extended his foot out in front of me and I ended up tripping over it - instantly, I squeezed my eyes shut and awaited for the impact first so I could murder him later. However, this time, it never came. 

Alexander had secured his arm around my stomach before I could hit the ground for the second time and he safely pulled me back onto my feet. 

I paused and stared up at him in silence, thanking the Gods for the darkness that concealed my red cheeks at that very moment. My heart felt like a million volts of electricity had been passed through my entire body and I was transfixed in my position like a dumb mannequin.

"Wha-" I began, stammering as if I'd just learned how to speak in English. "What the fuck was that for?"

"You asked me to catch you," Alex stated with a smug grin on his face before beginning to make his way over to the bleachers, leaving me standing there with my emotions all over the place. 

What the fuck?