Chapter thirteen | The battle of Starcourt part 2

Valerie Sinclair was a lot of things but evil wasn't one. She knew what she was doing was wrong, but she had no control over what she was doing. Her knuckles were rolled into fist her skin paling. Her feet tapped against the hard concrete floors. Deep down she didn't want to hurt anyone they were her friends but she couldn't find herself to care whether any of them lived or died. She was pulled out of her thoughts by a loud growl coming from the monster in front of her.

Billy set the unconscious girl on the ground and both him and Valerie crouched down next to her. Valerie began stroking the girls hair as she began to stir.

"Don't be afraid it'll all be over soon, just try and stay very still," Billy whispered into Elevens ear. Valerie continued to run her fingers through El's hair until she saw her eyes open.

"I promise it'll only hurt for a second," she whispered and El looked up tears forming in her eyes.

"Please don't," she cried trying to pull aways but Valerie gripped her tight and kept her in place.

"Just stay still and it won't hurt," Eleven looked up tearfully as she saw the Mind Flayer open its mouth, but before it could do anything a firework exploded near him.

More fireworks came in all directions hitting the monster never giving it time to recover. Valerie stood up ready to put up a fight but was knocked down when a firework landed near her.

Her head hit the ground and the world began to spin. Out of the corner of her eyes she watched as El tried to crawl away from the explosions.

"Get back here!" Valerie outstretched her hand and dragged the girl back using her powers. Billy grabbed ahold of El seeing after she had been dragged back, he slammed his hands on the ground blocking El from being able to move.

Valerie watched from a distance a smile on her face at the terrified look El wore. Slowly she walked over and kneeled curious as to what El was saying to the older boy.

"You told her the wave was seven feet. You ran to her on the beach....there were seagulls she wore a hat with a blue ribbon, a long dress with a blue red flower, yellow sandals covered in sand. She was pretty....she was really pretty and you....you were happy," Valerie watched them her annoyance growing significantly. Billy smiled softly and Valerie could tell he had broken from the Mind Flayers control.

"Get out of my way I'll do it if you can't!" She want to push him out of the way, fine with have to kill El by herself but before she could do anything he grabbed her arm violently.

"No," he told her coldly but she wouldn't stop fighting so quickly he dragged her closer flipping her on her back and before she could stop him he grabbed her leg and quickly snapped it. Valerie let out a scream and he pushed her to the ground away from Eleven.

"Son of a bitch!" She yelled trying to stand but the pain stopped her. She looked down and saw blood pouring from her leg. She tried once again to move but felt a pair of arms come up and pull her back

"Get the fuck off me!" She screamed using whatever strength she had left to try and push herself away. She almost succeeded but another set of arms come to help the first person. She kicked and screamed as she was pulled away from the Mind Flayer. She watched as Billy walked up to it and blocked him from getting El. She watched as the monster went to strike on Eleven but was stopped by Billy's hands. The two pulling her stopped in their tracks but their grip not loosening,