Chapter 6:

Several students began entering their names into the Goblet, and there were plenty of seventh years who were bitter about being unable to enter due to being a few months shy of 17. Two of those bitter students included Fred and George, who attempted to age themselves up with and Aging potion and failed spectacularly, sporting identical white beard which was comparable to Dumbledore's.

Everyone was on edge as they awaited the night for the Goblet to make its decision. Of the seventh years, they knew Cedric Diggory from Hufflepuff was entering, as was Warrington from Slytherin and Angelina Johnson, one of Harry's Quidditch teammates, from Gryffindor.

Harry spent the rest of the free day giving Wednesday a tour of the castle. He walked with her to a safe distance from the Whomping Willow, watching her dark eyes sparkle with an insane gleam, declaring it reminded her of the one back home, but more violent and less reasonable.

A visit to Hagrid led to Wednesday cooing at the Blast-Ended Skrewts, and Hermione gaped in admiration as the Addams daughter managed to have the wretched creatures fearing her in the first ten minutes.

"I could've done better," she remarked almost in disappointment, sighing and linking arms with Harry. "I'm aiming for 5 for my next milestone."

"I'm sure you'll achieve that soon, ma cherie," Harry crooned, pressing a light kiss to her cheek. "I don't doubt it."

Hermione spent a few minutes also questioning why Hagrid was so dressed up and wearing cologne that evening, and then everything made sense to them as they saw him entering the castle with Madame Maxime. "Oh my, he fancies her!" Hermione gasped in delight, for Hagrid was a good friend of hers and she was glad he'd found love.

Wednesday hummed. "He'll have a difficult time with that. Madame Maxime is in great denial of her giant heritage. If he brings it up at all, the heartbreak should be glorious."

The Champions were announced swiftly, for the Goblet has had a long time to consider which Champion to choose, Durmstrang had Viktor Krum, Beauxbatons has Fleur Delacour, and Hogwarts had Cedric Diggory representing them.

The Badgers were incredibly excited, cheering so loudly everyone else's voices were drowned out.

"Excellent!" Dumbeldore announced happily as the excitement died down a little, enough for him to be audible. "Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster.  By cheering your champion on you will contribute in a very real—"

But then the flames in the Goblet rose once more, and another piece of parchment shot out, seized by Dumbledore's long, wrinkly hands. He gaped at it in shock, and solemnly read out–"Harry Potter."

The room was silent for a moment, before it was filled with buzzing of fury and outrage. Harry simply sat there with Wednesday and Hermione with eyes wide. He turned to them. "I didn't enter," he felt the need to defend himself. "You know I didn't. I've been with you all this time."

"I know, mon cher," Wednesday replied in understanding, though her confusion was visible. "Someone must've done it for you, but who? And why?"

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore called out loudly, as if it wasn't bad enough that everyone was staring at him like he offended them all on a personal level. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

"Go on," Hermione whispered, nudging him forward. "We'll be here."

Harry's brain was racking for an answer. Who entered him? And why would they? Certainly not the students of any school, they had no reason to increase the number of competitors. The teachers wouldn't do so either, since Beauxbatons and Durmstrang wouldn't do something to disadvantage their schools, and he knew no Professor in Hogwarts who would ruin the school's reputation.