Mr. Right? | 32

KAIRO 

After my realization that I, was indeed, into the same gender - I came out to my mom. I'd told her whilst we were having dinner together that I was gay and her response was: "I already knew that. Nobody named Kairo is straight." And it made me question if I was the only one who was unaware of the fact that I was into guys. 

After the kiss, things between Alexander and I became a little awkward. However, we bounced back quickly and never spoke of it again, which in all honesty, hurt me more than just a little because I was now positive that I had feelings for him. 

After what Ethan had told me, I realized that being around Alex did make my heart flutter. I often did feel like flushing myself down the toilet and entering an endless abyss of happiness every single time he did as little as to glance in my direction - and I always felt like ripping every single strand of hair on my head out because of how irresistibly perfect he was. If that doesn't scream 'I'm gay' to you, then I don't know what does.

However, not everything was sunshine and sparkles. I had an aching feeling in my heart that Alex had only kissed me because of the heat of the moment - and now every time we crossed paths, he wouldn't even hold eye contact with me for more than a second or so and he always found a way to avoid me. 

Don't get me wrong, we were still friends - but it just didn't feel the same anymore. He stopped sitting next to me during recess and most of the time, he would completely ignore me as well and focus on what the rest of the boys were saying. He would make sure wherever he sat in class that the place next to him wasn't empty - probably so I couldn't sit there - and he stopped practicing football in the field near my street as well.

Though all this did leave me feeling like what had happened was my fault, I felt slightly better when I remembered that he had kissed me back - meaning even if he didn't want to do something like that again, he had wanted it at that moment, and that made me feel a little better about myself no matter how pathetic it sounded.

It had been a week or two since the kiss and there was only a week left for the football championships. A day or two prior to the current day, Alex had told us during recess that he had made it into the football team. We offered to throw him a party and he was up for the idea, but when they chose the venue as my place, he turned down the offer right away. 

I did attempt to speak about how I felt with Ethan, but he was too busy stressing out over how ugly his character on Roblox looked. I attempted to talk to my mother about it, but she said that she was no expert in the field of love and whatever happens, I should just let it happen and go with the flow - so that was how I ended up seated in a cafeteria with the last person I wanted to see.

Barbara and Alexandria.

I'd finished explaining my plight to them and asked them for advice about what I should do. Don't misunderstand, we still weren't on very good terms - but I had no other choice. 

"I think you should just wait for him to come around," Barbara exclaimed, scratching the back of her neck awkwardly. "It's obvious he likes you. If he didn't, he wouldn't have kissed you. Even if he doesn't like you, there's a possibility that he's even a little bit interested - because I know I wouldn't kiss someone I'm not into."

Then what about Hailey? I thought to myself. However, I refrained from saying it out loud because I knew it wouldn't end well and would only add fuel to the already awkward atmosphere instead of easing it out. 

"I think you should make the first move," Alexandria stated. "He's obviously a little shy and is afraid to step out of his comfort zone. If he has trust issues, that might explain it as well - maybe he isn't ready to give his heart out to someone so freely so he's probably trying to get his mind off of what happened."

"So you're saying I should tell him how I feel?" I questioned, tilting my head at her. 

"Precisely," she stated, snapping her fingers together. "You just have to do it in a way that will be guaranteed to sweep him off his feet."

Pffsh, what am I? Prince Charming? I thought to myself - and then I came to another realization. 

If I wanted to get someone like Alexander Rhodes to fall for me, I'd have to be better than Prince-fucking-Charming. I'd have to one-up him and take the position as Prince-fucking-Irresistible.