Mr. Right? | 33

KAIRO

I'd spent an entire week deciding how I should confess to Alexander. A whole week. If you exclude my creepy obsession with Alexandria and the time I had spent trying to learn trigonometry, that would be the longest time I'd ever stayed committed to something. 

And before I knew it, it was time for the football championships. Ethan, Nick, Hailey and I were seated together to cheer for two of our friends - Alexander and Austin. Occasionally, Austin would stop on the field to wave or wink in our direction and we would wave back, however Alexander seemed so focused in the game that he didn't even bother to look in our direction once - which was quite ironic because the whole time, I was just looking at him.

In all honesty, Alexander had to be the most attractive when he was playing football. It was either because of how drop dead gorgeous his body was or how hot the expression he made was when he was focused on something. 

Shit, my gay is showing. 

"Dude, you're literally drooling all over the snacks," Ethan complained, snatching the plate of fries from me. "Fucking thirsty ass bitch ruining all of the food."

I glared at him for a split second before diverting my attention the game once again. It was definitely a rough game. There was a lot of pushing, shoving, falling and getting injured - however that didn't seem to stop any of the players from trying to achieve their goal - which was: winning.

And sitting and watching the boys play was only making me even more determined in reaching my goal as well, which was: getting Alexander to fall head over heels in love with me. 

I sound like a thirsty little teenage boy. But that's what I am, is it not? A thirsty little teenage boy.

"Dude, your big head is blocking me from looking at that hot chick over there," Hailey complained, smacking me right on my head. "Can't you shrink your head or something?"

I scoffed at her before sinking in my seat so she could get a better look at the girl seated a few seats away from us, and she proceeded to not-so-subtly gawk over her new found crush. 

"Can you at least try to be subtle?" I questioned sarcastically. 

"Speak for yourself, you literally look like you're seconds away from sucking Alexander's-" 

I shot her a quick glare which kept her from completing her sentence and then went back to focusing on the game.

See, I would describe the events that were taking place on the field to you. But, if you weren't aware already, I don't know jack-shit about sports. All I can describe at this point is the following: there were two teams, they were kicking a ball around, Alexander's team had the lead which is not a surprise at all, and Alexander is extremely hot.

What? No, forget the last part.

Halfway throughout the game, I ended up falling asleep. Don't ask how - but when I woke up, it was to the sound of cheering and soda being poured onto my lap.

"What the fuck?!" I yelped, looking over at the culprit who had spilled the drink all over me.

"What? You weren't waking up, what else was I supposed to do?" Ethan shrugged. "Alexander's team won the championship."

"I'm not surprised," I yawned before standing up in my place. 

No sooner had I done so than I was tackled into a tight hug by a tall, sweaty and incredibly sexy man. Do you know who I mean yet?

"Alex, get off, you fucking stink," I commented, trying to pretend that the fact that he was finally back to being his usual self with me didn't make me feel an overwhelming amount of happiness.

"We won, Kairo!" he exclaimed with a huge grin on his face as he pulled away from the sweaty hug. 

"I know, congratulations," I said with a small grin before patting his shoulder awkwardly. "I knew you could do it."

"I couldn't have done it without your help," he said, letting out a sigh of satisfaction. "Did I look cool back there?"

"No, you didn't," I lied with a sarcastic grin on my face, shaking my head at how adorable he was when he was all excited. 

"So you're saying I looked hot?" he questioned, tilting his head.

"When did I ever say that?" I scoffed in response, unprepared for whatever he was about to respond with.

"Hot is the opposite of cool, is it not?" he winked before taking a few steps back. "Anyway, I've got to go take a group picture with the team. Will you wait for me here? I'll walk you back home."

I pursed my lips to hide the smile that was threatening to make its way onto my face and opened my mouth to respond, however when I saw that he was beginning to take his jersey off, I stopped myself. He quickly tossed the article of clothing towards me which I caught effortlessly and with a wink he said: "Keep it."

And I fell for him all over again.