Chapter NINE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

I woke up early like every other day, breathing heavily and sweating due to the nightmares. I took a cold shower and put on a black hoodie with yellow sweats.

Okay maybe my fashion sense is not that good.

I took my phone and car key and headed out of the house. The moon was still bright and shining which made me fish out on my phone and check the time.

2:14am.

I shrugged and got in my car dropping my phone on the passenger seat. I parked my car a little further away from the shore and removed my flip-flops leaving them in the car and letting the smooth beach sand bury my feet. I rolled my yellow sweats a little above my knee and started walking towards the water. The blue water sparkled as the moon shone brightly on it. The sight was so beautiful a smile crept up on my face.

Something about this place just calms me down and makes me forget. I flinched a little as the cold water touched my feet before retreating packing some particles of sand with it. I walked deeper into the water as the waves moved back and forth beneath me. When the water started getting the tip of my sweats wet I decided to stop there. I closed my eyes and inhaled the salty air.

"I feel as if you are following me" a familiar raspy voice startled me and I fell in the water.

Holy shit!!

"Hey! Help!!" I yelled swinging my arms and legs as the salty water entered my mouth. My eyes stung and I felt the water enter my eyes. I couldn't see properly. I was about to yell again but I was plunged deeper into the ocean by a large wave.

This is the end. I'm going to die.

I don't want to die. I've not completed my bucket list and who will take care of Mom. Who will keep Bex sane.

I thought as I felt the water entering every part of my body. Well.. I guess this is it. Bubbles erupted from a distance as I saw a figure swim towards me.

That's probably the angel of death.

The figure became clearer as the angel of death swims closer.

Damn, he's is hot!

I saw a flash of deep green eyes and black hair before my eyes closed. I could still feel my surrounding and my body pressed tightly against something hard. I felt myself being lifted after sometime.

Am I flying?

Water filled my lungs and my body was released and placed on a smooth surface. Something pressed my chest and the water was about to come out of my mouth but then it retreated. I felt something soft against my lips as if trying to breathe air into me. Then the water in my lungs rose up to my throat and I coughed it out then breathed in as much air as I could.

"Alex?" A familiar voice said as my eyes flipped open to meet a pair of green ones.

I'm alive?

"Arghh..my eyes sting" my voice came out hoarse as I tried to sit up.

"I saved your life and the first thing you can do is whine" Nicholas said and I noticed he was soaked which made his dark blue shirt cling to his body making it easy for me to see the online of his abs. Alex..focus!

What was he saying?

"Huh?" I asked but he shook his head making me realize he caught me checking him out and I turned red.

"I know I'm hot and all that but don't you think I deserve a thank you for saving your life?" He smirked cockily.

"You made me fall into the water so you didn't save my life" I rolled my eyes and stood up walking back towards my car then shivering a little because of the slight breeze. My head hurts so bad.