Chapter 83

Throughout the next week, Jenna almost considered not going to her next lesson on Friday, feeling slightly embarrassed.

      But she knew she had accepted the mission unconditionally; even though in this case, the conditions didn't turn out to be as she had expected them.

     There were many things she feared that Dumbledore would see, mostly involving private moments with Sirius.

     But her worries increased when she remembered how three of her friends were unregistered Animagi. And there was no way she could let Dumbledore find out, seeing as one of them was her brother and the other her boyfriend.

      They would've been in so much trouble if Dumbledore figured that they led a werewolf through the Hogwarts grounds each month.

     With that thought, Jenna didn't cease to stop practicing and to try and empty her mind of all emotions.

       Frankly, she did way better than last time in her next lesson, only letting Dumbledore in on her memory of their first Quidditch match and receiving her Hogwarts letters at eleven.

      And in her next few sessions, she was even more successful than before, managing to block her mind on him. Although Jenna was sure that Dumbledore wasn't using his full strength just yet.

     But as the morning before their first Hogsmeade visit in October arrived, she found all her emotions flooding back to her, filling her up with both excitement and anxiety as the day proceeded.

      Jenna, Marlene, Lily, and Alice were sitting in the Great Hall for breakfast, with the boys a few feet away from them.

     But all their heads shot up as they saw Sirius getting to his feet and walking toward where they were sitting.

      He then dropped himself on the seat in front of Jenna and next to Marlene, and then shockingly, threw his arm over the blonde girl's shoulder.

      Marlene stopped in her tracks in the middle of biting her toast, and turned to face him slowly, glaring coldly at him.

       "Get your hands off me, Black," she whispered dangerously.

       "Just play along, will you?" said Sirius, gesturing over at James with his eyebrows, who was glancing at them every once in a while.

       "What is it?" asked Jenna, trying to stop herself from smiling at his sight, so she wouldn't look any more suspicious.

       "I wanted to ask you out for tomorrow's Hogsmeade trip," said Sirius, grinning at her handsomely.

        "Aww..." Alice sighed dreamily, smiling at them.

      "Excuse me," Lily cleared her throat, getting everyone's attention. "Have you forgotten about a certain arrogant toe-rag?"

       "You forgot to add immature," said Marlene with a smirk, casually eating her toast as Sirius still had his arm around her.

      "Who?" Sirius raised a brow.

      "She means James," Jenna answered, chuckling. "She's right, Sirius. You guys always hang out together at Hogsmeade. He would definitely question why you aren't there."

       "Don't worry, Jenny. I've worked it all out." He winked at her.

      "Care to explain?"

      "Easy," he started with a grin, "he just needs to be kept distracted."

      "And by what, exactly?"

      "Not what, but who," said Sirius causing all their gazes to become curious, until he finally pointed at Lily.

       "Hold on a second," Lily started angrily, putting her spoon down. "How on earth do you expect me to distract him? And if you think for a second that I would go out with on a date —"

      "Save your breath, Evans. I don't want you to go on a date with him. I mean, yes, that would make things much easier for all of us — you'll probably give James a heart attack from happiness if you ask him — but anyway, I have another thing in mind."

     "What?" Lily narrowed her eyes at him.

     "We'll all hang out tomorrow," said Sirius. "All eight of us. And then when James is distracted by your lovely presence, Evans, Jenna and I will sneak away."

      "What are you guys talking about?" All five of them were startled at the voice, looking up only to see James walking toward them, with Remus and Peter right behind him.

      "Just chatting with charming Miss McKinnon here," said Sirius amusingly.

       "Yeah, very charming," Marlene said blankly, her mouth full.

     "Aha..." James gave him a look, but the shook his head. "Anyway, we're going the library before class. You coming, Padfoot?"

      Sirius scoffed, as if personally offended. "I'd rather kiss Filch."

     "Well, that's an image I didn't want to have over breakfast," said Jenna bitterly, putting down her fork and pushing her plate aside.

      "See you later, then," said James and with one last wave at them, the three boys left the Great Hall.

      "Merlin," Sirius sighed, watching James leave and taking his hand away from Marlene. "Going to the library before class? What's gotten into him this year!?"

      "What's bad about that?" Lily raised a brow at him. "You think something's wrong with him just because he's finally starting to care about his studies?"

      "My, my," Sirius's grin widened at those words. "Do my ears deceive me, or is Lily Evans actually defending the immature arrogant toe-rag?"

     "N-no," said Lily briskly, slightly blushing. "I'm just saying that you better start studying too. We have our N.E.W.Ts next year."

      "Nice save, Lil," said Jenna sarcastically, patting her on the back.

      They all chuckled as Lily looked away, giving her attention back to her plate, as if it was suddenly very interesting.

       "You know this plan can go wrong in many ways, right?" said Jenna, turning to face Sirius.

      "Like how?" he asked amusingly.

      "Okay, let's say a miracle happens and James gets distracted and we successfully sneak off. But what if either Remus and Peter suddenly wonder where we are and ask around about it and James finds out?"

      "Then that's when we'll get to plan B."

      "Which is?"

      "Running away to a foreign land before we are brutally murdered by your brother."