» 14

Black smoke came radiating of the vampire , he transformed into his bat form , as he visibly decreased in size , black dark wings growing out of his back , flying away into the dark skies

The princess was left there shocked . Stunned to the seat , staring at the dark skies looking for the creature that had just flew away .

"What was that ?" she thought to herself .

She sighed , feeling sleepy yet again . Her head hung low , in low spirits , walking back to her resting chamber .

»

The bright sunlight pierced into her room , shinning upon her .

Lighting up the whole room with its golden beam .

Forcing the princess to get out of her sleeping state .

She got into one of her simpler dress since she didn't have any important meetings or events she had to attend .

It was a short dress , but yet it held elegance .

Made from fine silk , one of her favorite materials for dresses , it was extremely comfortable against her skin .

there wasn't much for none dresses options , it was mostly ball gowns and dresses in her closet leaving her not much to choose from .

There were still a few dresses which felt more comfortable to the skin , and that dress was one of them .

She walked down her grand marble stairs holding onto the golden railings for safety .

gazing upon the lower floor , observing the features of the room . The huge carpet that layed at the middle of the room .

She wasn't the biggest fan of heights , in fact she was afraid of heights . She'd get shivers just by the mention of heights , yet she lives in a castle . Having to walk down stairs everyday , feeling shaky , gripping tightly onto the railings . Having acrophobia from a young age .

It started when she was in the highest tower of the castle , gazing down at the village , observing the people below .

In a sudden blink of an eye , she slipped and almost fell to her death but she didn't..

Until this day she didn't know how it happened , but it felt like in the midst of her fall something caught her and brought her back to the surface . But her eyes were shut at that time so she couldn't get the chance to see what had actually happened .

She didn't remember much from that day either , being that she was only 10 when that had happened .

Was it magic ? Or was it because she was young and imagined things , and that she actually didn't fall to begin with .

Who knows ? Only until the truth is revealed ...

🤷‍♀️