Parents Weekend

An old tradition stands that parents come visit their children at the end of September, beginning of October.

Maddie although not happy to see her father was looking forward to him interacting with Katy's mom.

Katy and Maddie had planned to spend the weekend together with their parents.

Maddie was currently snuggled up in Chuck's bed watching a movie with him.

"I have to laugh you do know you have a dorm" Chuck mentioned as it was the fifth night in a row Maddie had slept over.

"I know just wanted a break from small, normal living. Is spending time with me that bad?" Maddie asked with a exaggerated pouty face.

"Now I didn't say"

"I'm nervous. I told Katy we would spend parents weekend together. Now I have to see my dad and he's going to see a lover from 18 years ago"

"You want answers about your mother right? This will be the next step.... you know I'm free this weekend I can do a little recon searching myself and-" Chuck began.

"Chuck I love you but we both agreed you can't scheme and get involved until your club is up and running and it's successful. Until then late night movies in bed and just hearing about my scheming will have to suffice"

"Fine, but tell me more about what you have discovered" Chuck asked pausing the movie. Maddie propped herself up and sat crisscrossed on top of the sheets

"Well a little side note before I begin my dad's been calling me. He's been eyeing up the empire and was mad to here you had already bought it. I'm just ignoring him until tomorrow. Anyways so Katy's moved to NYC when she was 18. When she got pregnant at 22 she left for Arizona. She said her mom met her father aka my dad at school. The only problem with that is my dad graduated from Yale and her mom went to NYU"

"Someone's lying. I suspect it's Katy's mother. She probably had to turn Katy off from knowing anything even though she wasn't looking. Just in case you know"

"Ugh you're so smart. Get the club up and running so we can scheme together" Maddie said leaning in for a kiss.

The next morning Maddie and Chuck were awoken to Maddie's phone ringing.

"Hello?" Maddie groggily answered.

"Maddie I'm going to be a half an hour late to this parents weekend brunch. I'm hoping to meet with Chuck. The palace informed me he had moved to the empire. It shouldn't take long"

"Oh ok. I'm out getting coffee anyways. See you back at the dorm" Maddie said before hanging up the phone.

"I have to go my father is coming to with you here and if he finds out I haven't been staying in the dorms he's going to make me move back home with him. I'll see you later... oh and don't let my dad bully you into anything" Maddie said leaning over the bed to give Chuck a kiss goodbye before throwing on her clothes and running out the door.

She hurried back to the dorm trying to look presentable for when her father arrived.

"Good morning" Katy greeted as she walked in looking fresh and optimistic.

"Morning. My dad will be here soon. Just ah remember I stay here every night"

"Oh yeah don't worry I got you. I'm excited our parents get to meet and we can show them around the school and stuff. My mom is so excited to meet you. She should be here soon" Katy said.

Maddie curled the last of her bed head hair.

A text from Chuck revealed her father had stopped by to offer Chuck more money than he could imagine for the hotel. Chuck had instantly turned down the offer.

A knock from the door caused Katy to run up and open it.

"Mom" she squealed.

"Katy look at you" she greeted.

"Mom this Maddie my roommate"

"Hi I'm Katy's mom Laura"

"Nice to meet you. Katy has spoke so highly of you. I'm looking forward to the brunch we have planned" Maddie sweetly said.

Moments later Maddie's dad walked in.

"Damn paparazzi. I thought I lost them back at the hotel" he muttered as he walked in.

"Dad, this is Katy my roommate and her mother Laura"

The two went to shake hands and greet each other until they realized who each other was.

"David Rose?"

"Laura Benedict"

"It's um Nelson now"

"You two know each other?" Katy asked surprised. Maddie played along as well.

"So brunch? Let's not be late" Maddie said ushering everyone out. They headed to the restaurant Maddie had made reservations at.

"So how have you two met?" Katy asked.

"Back when I lived in the city I met David. At a party I think right?"

"Um yeah I believe so" Maddie's father nervously replied.

"Can we speak alone?" Her father whispered getting up from his seat. "If you'll excuse us I have so busy to quickly deal with. Maddie"

Maddie took the napkin off her lap and followed her father.

"I know this was your little game. Looking for your mother you found your half-sister. End the games here. That woman knows things. Things that won't only ruin my life but yours as well. End this game now!" Her father sternly said.

"Your mother didn't want you then. She won't want you know" he whispered before heading back to the table. Maddie pushed all her emotions down and headed back to the table.

"So are we going to tour the campus after this?" Katy asked.

"Actually something came up and I won't be able to attend the rest of the activities today. Sorry" Maddie's said.

"Spend time with your mom. You only get a couple of days" Maddie said before downing the rest of the mimosa.

At the end of the brunch the four then slowly headed out. Maddie spotted the familiar limo parked out front.

"I best be going" her father said spotting the limo as well. He quickly walked the opposite way towards his.

"It was nice meeting you" Maddie said to Laura. "I'll see you later Katy"

The door of the limo opened and Chuck stepped out.

"Are you okay? I got your text"

Maddie slipped into the limo and let all the emotions she was harboring free. Tears strolled down her cheek.

Chuck slid in next to her grabbing her into a hug.

"The empire" Chuck called out before kissing Maddie's head.