Chapter 36

Summer flew by quickly, a gush of air made the flowers on the garden sway with it. I inhaled deeply the scent that the air brought, the dewy scent of morning grass made me relaxed as I walked to our new school building.

I am finally in highschool.

I haven't been able to sleep peacefully these past few weeks, I kept waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat as my tears combined with it. I haven't been able to shake off this fear inside my chest, this fear that can't be extinguished no matter how hard I try to convince myself that everything will stay the same.

Today will be the start of the novel.

I didn't call any of my friends today, not even Sehun. I turned my phone off at midnight, I was scared that if I call and they answer the phone they might change. However when I woke up, my parents were still themselves nothing changed.

I toughened myself up and pep talked myself, shaking off the uneasy feeling in my chest. I started moving my legs, one step at a time I walked inside the building.

I saw some new faces when I entered the building, probably they're new students. I quickly recalled the room number of my class and wandered my eyes to the gold plaques attached to each door.

1-A...

"Sejie." A familiar voice from behind disrupted me from my search. Quickly I turned around and my eyes met his small crescent eyes.

He called me Sejie. Does that mean nothing changed? They did not forget or hate me?

"Eunwoo." I exhaled. He gave me a half smile and pointed his thumb to his back.

"Our room's over there." I grinned and nodded, couldn't contain my happiness after I confirmed everything. The uneasiness in my chest dissipated in an instant and a warm comforting tug replaced it.

"Thanks Eunwoo." I thanked him with a smile as we walked to our room. He turned to me with a confused expression but still relied with a smile and said.

"For guiding you to our room? You don't really need to thank me for that Sejie." He said in a fast pace. I know this is kind of awkward, after what happened during our week getaway. It just dawned to me that this is our first normal conversation after that incident.

I cleared my throat as we silently walked to the front of the door, he stopped first making me halt suddenly and motioned his hand inside the room.

Ah

I nodded and made my way inside the room. A cold environment welcomed me inside, good thing I'm wearing my yellow cardigan. My eyes wandered across the room and saw that most of my classmates in middle school are here. They were loudly talking and gossiping so it was easy to figure out who's the old blood in Vion. The others were sitting silently on their seats looking around as if they want to join in on the gossip.

I caught Selen's attention when she turned her head.

"Sejeong! We've been waiting for you." She screamed, Minnie and the others also turned to me and chaotically came rushing to my direction. I step backed as they came circling around me.

I couldn't help but to smile at the sight of my friends,worrying about me.

"We've been trying to call you but we can't reach you." Minnie complained as she pouted.

"Ah. I forgot to turn on my phone." I reasoned out pulling my phone out of my pocket showing them the black screen.

"So that's what happened." Hana spoke. Minnie then smiled and clutched on my arms, pulling me as she talked about her new shoes that her auntie bought for her.

"So I thought of building a shoe closet." She traced off as her eyes followed Eunwoo who's making his way to an empty seat three rows away from us.

"Tell us, you talked to Eunwoo again?" She whispered, the other girls also leaned forward and came closer to me as they kept saying.

"Omg, what happened?"
"Tell us quick."
"You're both okay now?"

"What are you guys talking about." I replied in a whisper, Selen rolled her eyes and motioned her head to the side.

"He likes you. Doesn't that feel awkward?"

"It's just a misunderstanding. We're still...friends." I said.

"Misunderstanding? Can you hear yourself? He clearly likes you." Hana exclaimed in a soft voice but the room went silent when they were the ones whispering. I completely forgot that they were the only cause of noise inside earlier.

I shushed her with the palm of my hand.

"He doesn't like me." I looked at all of them, they are completely not believing a word that I just said. I sighed.

"And if he does like me, I'm sure he'll get over it." I was shocked when they were now the ones covering my mouth. I leaned back and was about to smack their hands when I noticed their eyes staring behind me.

"Who?" I didn't really need to turn to know who's the owner of that overly familiar voice but I did, their hands went loose and freed my lips. My heart began to thump erratically, as I turned my body.

"Good morning." I greeted. The girls stood up individually and started to regroup on the other side.

They left me!

He wasn't smiling, he has a serious expression as he brought his bag down to the table softly. I completely ignored his prior question and just smiled at him.

"Why couldn't I reach you?" He softly spoke, he didn't even greeted me. I showed him my phone and shrugged off his attitude.

"I forgot to turn it on." I smiled as sweetly as I could but he wouldn't budge. It's now starting to annoy me why he's so grumpy this early.

"What's wrong with you today? Why are  you so grumpy?" My eyebrows met at the center as I placed my hands on my hips. He bit his lips and exhaled.

"Sorry." He shook his head lightly. "I was just worried when I couldn't reach you. I called your parents  and they told me you went in early." He looked down and bit his lips again, he reached for his bag and took out a little box.

The box was so small that you can hide it within your clenched palm, he handed the small box to me.

Hm?

My eyes shifted back to the box and to him with a confused smile.

"It's been a hundred day since we've been together." He scratched his neck as the tip of his ears began to be painted of the color red.

"Oh." I traced off, nodding my head absentmindedly.

Wait what? Couples celebrate their hundredth day?!