13

Angel's pov

Once again we found ourselves sitting at the same table during lunch. It's only our second day but we're not bothered by our peers who continue to openly stare at us and whisper about the new kids. At least the morning was moderately better. Ariel and I didn't have to pick different seats in first period because Jake sat really far away. How thoughtful of him. And it also turned out that Nathan was in there too but I must've missed him yesterday because he was sat at the back.

When he saw me in class he sat next to us and Ariel had been teasing me about it ever since. Just like in anatomy, Nathan managed to make us laugh, be charming and not fall behind on the assignment. I was almost tempted to invite him to sit with us at lunch but then I settled for giving him a small wave from across the cafeteria. I'd better avoid getting close to anyone here; even if they're not Blackwell wolves.

After lunch the rest of the day goes pretty much the same as yesterday minus the part where Eric uselessly tries to talk to me at lunch. In fact, I didn't see him at all until Home Ec. I had to not only ignore his attempts at starting conversation, but also the urge to punch him as he kept on tapping the back of my seat with his big ass foot. When I would turn around wanting to give him a piece of my mind, he had the dumbest smile like he really thought he was being cute. I then realized that confronting him right there would still be giving him some type of victory. So I kept my mouth shut and my itching fists to myself throughout the rest of class.

Thankfully Home Ec let us go a bit early again and I took another nap in the car. As soon as school was over and the others were out, we raced for home so I could take a proper nap before the youth lessons.

*^*^*

After the youth session, older pack members started to filter out of the pack house as the young ones went inside to rest. There were some parents that were already present so they simply remained and soon mostly everyone was present. While this morning we kept it simple with intense warmups and a couple mile laps around the property, this evening will be used to map out the training schedule for the next two months (hopefully not longer than that).

Not having to wait long for everyone means we can finish faster. In the morning Eric was on time and the only person who had the late penalty was Madison. Although, I wouldn't mind if neither of them was here.

While most people stood at attention and awaited instructions, some people remained indifferent to us but with time I'm sure that would change. I clap my hands twice, effectively drawing every remaining pair of eyes to our group.

"Evening", I say, "We'll be filling you in on the whole training regimen for these two months. But first, here's the workout lineup."

I gesture to Blake who steps forward with a clipboard.

"50 push-ups , 50 mountain climbers, 1 minute rest, 50 curl ups, 20 burpees, 2 minute rest, 2 minute plank, 50 jumping jacks, and 5 laps around the property — in that order", Blake boomed, "starts now!"

The herd quickly dropped down and started on their pushups. We had explained earlier that they would have about 1 hour for the workout lineup this evening and finish early. After that we would explain everything but then going forward, high intensity workouts would last all throughout the 2 hours.

After the 2 minute rest, Arielle set the stop watch and everyone got into place for the 2 minute plank. Although she hadn't been doing so well after the push-ups, I was genuinely surprised that Madison only managed to plank for just over 30 seconds. For an Alpha wolf shifter, that should be a piece of cake. This is actually us going easy on them and a real challenging plank would last a minimum of 10 minutes for just an Alpha; for even a Gamma, it would be 5 minutes.

Sad but regardless, I won't comment on how pathetic Madison's performance is. Everyone gets stronger at different intervals and she will eventually. As much as I hate being in the presence of my old pack, I need them to grow and get stronger. It will show how well I completed my first training assignment from the council and we won't have to stay longer than planned. So we'll do our best to make them somewhat unrecognizable to the other two packs that clearly look down on them; and of course fully capable of protecting themselves.

Finally we sit down after Aiden leads everyone for 5 laps through the specific markers we planted around the property. I lie on my back and let my head rest in Ari's lap again as her legs were crossed. She could always sense when I was having some internal debate and would then start combing through my hair. It was just something that we did. By now I think my friends just like to baby me but hey, I'm not complaining.

We heard as everyone passed by us lap after lap and finally we stood back up as they neared to finish the 5th lap. A few of them immediately let themselves fall to the ground in exhaustion while others settled for heavy breathing as they arranged themselves before us.

"Relax guys, you can sit down", I say calmly, "We'll cover some things and like we promised, we'll finish early."

Sighs of relief pass around and everyone takes a seat on the grass or simply lies down.

"Okay so just like we did with the youth group, we are splitting everyone into teams. They are as follows: teams Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. And no, they have nothing to do with your rank. Team Alpha are the top fighters and will be lead by Blake. Team Beta are those who are decent but need a lot of improvement and will be lead by myself, Ariel and Aiden. Lastly, team Gamma is for those who can hardly fight at all and anyone who isn't able to shift yet. You all will be lead by Naomi and Danielle. Any questions so far?"

A lean guy with short chestnut hair and brown eyes raised his hand and started speaking.

"How are you deciding who's in which group? Aside from those that can't shift anyway", he asked

"That goes back to the fights from the first day", Blake answered, "By now we have a list of names for each team which we'll share with you in a minute."

"We can request to be on a certain team right?", Eric asked, "As in if we don't agree with our placement."

It was Aiden's turn to answer apparently as he barely contained a small scoff and a chuckle.

"Oh yeah, totally. You're welcome to dispute the placement but you'll need to prove it in another fight. Any other questions?"

The group was silent so I continued.

"Alright then. The rest of this first week and the second week will be high intensity training for strength, cardio, stamina, and agility. The third and fourth week will be shifted training consisting of long runs, tracking exercises, and mock battles. Those who can't shift yet will continue training as normal but with lighter mock battles. At the end of the first month, there will be fighting matches like the first ones and you can use that opportunity to promote yourself from Gamma to Beta or Beta to Alpha teams. And if you still haven't shifted, there's no team promotion but we'll have a different change for you by then. After that, it'll be rinse and repeat for the second month."

No one asked any questions after that so Blake held his clipboard again and started listing the teams. I was dreading it because I already knew that I'd have to deal with Eric for at least the next month. Makes me wish he actually was a good enough fighter to get paired with Blake's group instead. Woe is me.

After all the names have been called, we dismissed everyone and started heading back to our temporary living quarters. I heard my name being called from behind and my back stiffened. I'm tired and hungry and absolutely not in the mood to shed a single bit of attention to mister big and macho.

So I do what any other completely sane person would do when they wanna avoid someone: literally start running away from them. I pick up the pace and soon hear the light steps of my friends catching up to me and we soon reach the house. And thankfully with no Eric in sight.

*^*^*
A/N: Hi guys. I know it's been awhile but I'm slowly getting back to writing. My attention is divided between some of my other stories though so bare with me. Sorry this isn't one of my longer chapters and a bit of a filler.