Chapter Two

It had been a long week; meeting upon meeting, conference after conference and yet still another function remained to attend this evening.

"It amazes me Philippe, that after all these years, people seem more concerned with the approval of their actions from their peers than actually accomplishing a task" Lisa said to her manservant as she sat looking out over the city while sipping a cognac.

"Mistress?" he replied in question to her line of reasoning.

"If someone comes up with an idea, which in and of itself is remarkable considering some of these employees' intellect, they must call a meeting to discuss this idea, the pros and cons of the idea, the possible scenarios arising from proceeding with said idea only to ultimately dispose of the original idea if not seen favorable in advancing their status."

"Progression in reverse" he replied.

"Precisely! They accomplish less with more rhetoric of how they are so progressive."

"Shall I ring for the car Mistress?"

"Ah yes..." she sighed "...time to attend yet another boring social function where the entire pompous, self absorbed elitists jockey for my favor and possible support."

"Yes Mistress"

"Have it brought around; I must pick up my companion for the evening's event..."

He bowed and walked away to do his task.

"...maybe I will be able to find more than just companionship" she said to herself.

The antiquities gallery was hosting this evening's event in hopes of raising funds for refurbishment of a hall that held attractions of lesser renown. Its care had been neglected and as the gallery had expanded, this one section became more of a 'boring section of relics' as compared to the others which held items such as the swords of Romans, armor of the Mesopotamians and gold of the Greeks. It was being thought of more as a semi-storage area than hall.

"This one is supposedly a script of a mother-to-be requesting the favor of a Goddess named Hequit to oversee her childbirth favorably" a well fit woman was regaling a young man who seemed bored with the lesson and was seeking a way to leave.

"But most of the populace is not aware of the little known fact that Hequit was actually the Goddess Kim Jisoo Hecate. The Goddess of Magic, the moon, judgments and many other duties." Lisa's silky voice caused Jennie to spin around yet again to find her standing a small distance away.

"Yes, that....that is true. How did you become learned in that fact?" Jennie asked in surprise at Lisa's appearance there.

"A hobby, if you will, of reading ancient lore" Lisa gave a small bow and turn of her head showing no emotion at the surprise it was that it was Jennie she was speaking to.

"Ah, there you are..." a man's voice broke the moment of each of the women looking at one another.

"Oh, Miss Manoban...lovely to see you again" the distinguished looking older man addressed Lisa and extended a hand in greeting.

"Good evening to you Mr. D'Olympia" she replied accepting his hand.

"So I see you've met my daughter Jennie Kim" he turned and placed his arm around Jennie's shoulder, Lisa stiffened at the words.

"Yes Daddy, we..."

"Were just discussing the Goddess Kim Jisoo Hecate" Lisa cut Jennie off and looked from Jennie to her father with no facial expression belying her shock.