Chapter Eighteen

Chapter eighteen

Srishti's excited mood had been successfully ruined. Courtesy ─Sahil Malhotra. And that was always confirmed. He will be the only one who can turn her mood from sweet to sour in less than a minute.

Currently, the four of them were travelling to where Srishti was earlier heading but with her grumpy mood. Greta and her sat in the passenger seat whereas Aditya sat beside Sahil who drove the car.

"Are you going to tell where you want to go or I have to keep driving aimlessly." Sahil's voice filled in the silence but all of them thought that the silence was better.

Srishti gave him a sharp look before she snapped at him, "Before this you never asked where I wanted to go."

Sahil's grip on the steering wheel tightened as he gave her a cold stare through the mirror and Srishti saw it but ignoring it looked out of the window.

"Srishti, where to?" It was Aditya this time who had turned around in his seat and asked her the question softly. Srishti looked at him and sighed.

"You know where Aditya." She said simply and Aditya frowned thinking what that meant. But then it clicked him.

"The orphanage." He said and grinned to himself which made Srishti smile as well. Sahil still sat stiff in his seat but said nothing seeing the exchange between the two.

Soon they were infront of her orphanage and Srishti felt the excitement building up inside her again as she pushed open the door and Aditya was immediately there to help her.

She looked at him and he gave a faint smile to her which she returned. He didn't extend his hand for support but was there if she stumbled or needed help.

Sahil stood a little away watching Aditya and Srishti while Greta observed him. After Srishti stood infront of her home, she smiled and looked at Greta who was smiling as well.

"It's Zevah's birthday." She revealed and Aditya felt his eyes widening at the information. Srishti bit her lip to control her laugh seeing his expressions.

Aditya cursed his fate for not knowing about her birthday and most importantly coming empty handed. He even glared at Srishti who was enjoying his state.

Srishti looked at the time and it was still eleven forty. Twenty minutes to go but the cake was still missing. She had asked for it to be delivered by eleven forty-five at her orphanage and thankfully she was there on time.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Aditya whisper yelled at Srishti who only giggled in response. Sahil was getting annoyed by just standing there.

"You never asked." Srishti shrugged and just then the delivery boy reached there with the cake. She thanked him and after paying him she handed the cake to Aditya who looked surprised.

Five minutes were left and all the lights were switched on inside the orphanage which caused a ruckus because Zevah had started shouting.

"What is going on over here? Why is everyone still awake?" She asked loudly while the kids only giggled and snickered among themselves making her more angry.