Chapter Five

The next morning; "Hey there pumpkin, how'd ya fare up?"

"Okay Daddy, we had coffee and sat, talked a bit. How about you?"

"Great, we walked along the lake, sat and had coffee, then walked some more"

"Uh huh...that's all?"

"She let me hold her hand...I was perfect gentleman."

"So when are you seeing her again?"

"Tuesday, she's prepping for a big case tonight for Monday morning. How about you?"

"Well, she asked me to dinner after we take in a museum" she said blandly.

"Hey, that's great sweetie"

"Eh, I guess"

"What?" he asked with a bit of concern, "You alright? Do you not want that?"

"She just...I don't know," Jennie said with an edge of confusion "she just doesn't make me feel...comfortable. Almost a weird feeling around her"

"Well baby, if you don't feel comfortable, don't go. I'll not have you feeling obligated to keep her company cause you think it will make things easier for her mom and me."

"No Daddy, its okay. Maybe it's cause I don't know her; that's all. I'll be fine"

"Only if you're sure honey"

"Yeah Daddy, I'll be fine. Well I'm going to run a few errands and be back later. She'll be stopping by to pick me up for the museum around 1 p.m. See ya later Daddy" Jennie kissed her father's head and left.

Jennie was just putting on her jacket when she heard a car pull up along the circular driveway.

Stepping out of the house, she locked the door behind her as Irene opened her car door and stood, leaning an arm on the roof of the car "Hey there, you ready to go?"

"Yep, let's go" Jennie said as she got in the car, buckling herself in she noticed a sticker on the dashboard of the sleek BMW convertible that it was a rental.

"You look nice" Irene complimented while she drove into the city.

"Thank you"

"So, any preference to which museum?"

"Well, do you have a particular genre you'd like to see? There's the Arts Museum, then my favorite the Antiquities Museum and then..."

"Well, let's do your favorite; at least one of us will know what the things are then, eh?"

"Okay, let's"

The short drive was done in sporadic silence as Jennie really couldn't find a subject she wanted to discuss.

...

"So this statute here is depicting Zeus defeating Chronos in the Titanomachy" Jennie spoke with a passion of the arts as they walked amongst them in the museum.

"Do you think any of this is true? That any of these GODS existed and wasn't some escape of reality some poor peasant made up to blame his life's misery upon?" Irene asked skeptically.

"No, I believe they existed and they guided the people in the manner befitting their time"

"Hmm, interesting" Irene commented as she walked along some relics.

"Do you not believe they existed?" Jennie asked from where she still stood in front of the statute.

"Yes and no," Irene turned to answer looking about the hall, "I believe a few were real enough, possibly, but that some were out of someone's creative imagination."