xlvii. guard buffoons

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒈𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒃𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

MERRY AND PIPPIN DID NOT LIKE how their morning turned out

MERRY AND PIPPIN DID NOT LIKE how their morning turned out. Being awoken by strange noises emitting from the trees, Merry had stood up to investigate and landed on Pippin drinking from a water pool by one of the wooded basins, drinking thirstily and seeming far too happy to be normal. Then, they had heard guttural noises and deep groans echo through the forest in vibrations. While Pippin didn't seem as alert and alarmed by the noises, Merry was quick to call for help. When the sound repeats itself, this time closer, Merry had suddenly realized that the sounds were coming from his Hobbit friend and certainly not the trees in the forest.

Slightly alarmed and confused, Merry inspects his friend with suspicion and dislike for the situation before coming to a horrible, astonishing, and pure evil realization: Pippin was taller than him! Merry, ever the modest Hobbit, did not like the sudden spur in his friend's height, his pride and ego wounded rather swiftly after the observation made. What was worse was that Pippin was taller than him! His morning truly didn't seem the most ideal and it didn't end from there.

After discovering the reason and throw behind Pippin's sudden growth spurt, Merry speedily clambered around Pippin and reached for the water in the wooden bowl, drinking just as greedily with the desire to grow taller. It was now Pippin's turn to be indignant as he desperately tried to stop his friend in a selfish attempt to keeping him taller than Merry. However, in their pursuit of gaining something from these childish endeavors, Merry had successfully slipped and brought Pippin down with him.

This resulted in them nearly suffocating with the wide, spacious tree roots moving about to keep itself comfortable and well above the bodies of the Hobbits. Merry and Pippin thought they were going to die in that brief moment of vulnerability, their previous quarrels are forgotten and replaced with unneeded panic. The situation itself was rather amusing and would undoubtedly make Vera laugh if she were there. Thankfully, the stupid Hobbits were saved by their gracious Ent friend, Treebeard, who couldn't've arrived at a better time, and their newest companion, Hope. Yet again, the Halflings owed the Ent and the Princess once more for saving their lives more than once now.

It was safe to say that their morning did not go as well as they have initially hoped. And it was not ending yet.

Presently, they sit upon Treebeard's shoulders once again. Pippin is located on the branches nearer to Treebeard's face while Merry sits atop at the highest ledge of the Ent; they were both rather comfortable after taking ownership of their positions and adjusting to it for their own sakes. Treebeard walks in the same steady and slow pace as before, his heavy, circular feet smashing into the Earth and creating deep prints behind them. He was slow, but he always was, and steadily holds the Hobbits under Gandalf's command. Princess Hope trails behind them with a horse following her.